Has Shunning Caused Anyone to Miss Seeing a Parent Before Their Death?

by jamiebowers 35 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

yes...I saw my father for the first time after easily 10 years of being shunned in his casket after a motorcycle accident claimed his life...being shunned for all those years had left me with little desire to see him at all...it was some random fluke of humanity that convinced me to go see his body. I have as of late regained quite a bit more of my family but none of it would be there had he not died...tough to live with...guess we have to be the better people...

-Z-

• ferret
    ferret

Thank You J.B.

Ferret

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I saw my mom about 4 months before she died. I went to visit her along with my DA sister ( I was neither, but left the truf and my husband and married another). She sent me a letter after saying she enjoyed my visit, could see I was happy. She said she wished she could have told me to leave my ex-husband but felt she couldn't (news flash - yes you could). But she wanted to die with a clean conscience, so couldn't talk to me anymore. It was very sad. I didn't contact her again and I heard later whe wondered why no one called - WTF??? She died quickly so I wouldn't have had a chance to see her anyway - but it's sad. I could have called, we could have talked. Just the sort of mind f==== the WTBS causes. Her natural desire to see her 2 daughters fought with the brainwashing that told her it was wrong. At least we got to go to the *memorial service*. It could have been worse, based on the stories here.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oompa,

I want to hold the gun. Wait, we both will. I'll bring my own. Can I have my finger on the trigger, just for fun like? Pretty please? Just to scare 'em? The safety'll be on, promise.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    do have a question for anyone who experiences such severe shunning: Have you tried just confronting the relative and saying: "You cannot shun me"... ?

Don't let them get by with this. Is it possible to wake them up from their WTS induced sleepwalking?

LOL....doesn't quite work that way. You have to get to talk to them in the first place. If not seeing your own kids, whom you purport to love so much, because you favour the WTS over them doesn't wake you up, then you are lost. sammieswife.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

This is such a sad topic, and I am deeply sorry for everyone's pain. I agree that I wouldn't DA myself for this very reason.

This is another reason why I would never spend another minute in field service, trying to recruit anyone into this mess. My conscience would bother me knowing that something like this could be the end result; what a horrible way to tear apart loved ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit