JW's clearly going 'beyond the things written' - examples

by jambon1 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

There are so many. The one that got me recently is the matter of elders being removed if they encourage college education in the cong. Where in the scriptures? Any others that spring to mind?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

My favorite 3 points:

1. "great crowd" of "other sheep". These expressions don't appear in the Bible together and they are different concepts. The juxtaposition confuses JWs into thinking they are almost the same.

2. "7 Gentile times"... Same explanation as above

3. "paradise earth". this expression doesn't appear in the Bible. Check out the old insight book... Paradise in the Bible is always talking about heaven.....

A@G

• james_woods
    james_woods

The creative days of Genesis are 7,000 years in length.

Whoever thought that one up, and particularly whoever kind of brought it back after they were going to drop it, needs to definately put down the crack pipe and read some books on archaelogy, cosmology, and geography.

Speaking of crack pipe - what about the ban on smoking & even farming tobacco? We are ready for you to show us the words methamphetamine or nicotene in the bible, too.

• minimus
    minimus

The judicial committee process is unscriptural

not allowing birthdays

requiring service reports

terms as regular pioneer and other WT. jargon

having 5 meetings mandated for attendance

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The Watchtower magazine

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

If a married couple have sex after one of them has committed adultery, this nullifies being able to use the adultery as the basis for a scriptural divorce.

I've seen this ugly little rule really screw some lives up.

S4

• james_woods
    james_woods

But Seeker4, if the "reconciliation" sex is of the forbidden naughty type rather than the approved missionary style - are they still reconciled?

Oh - I see - you have led us to yet another thing or two "beyond what is written".

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Forbidding polygamy, according to the bible only elders and ministerial servants should have one wife. For the others it is optional.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Who will ever forget the beard thing? Did anyone ever TRY to scripturalise that gem?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Grooooooooowing to perfection in a paradise earth.

(Don't even get me started on the "paradise earth.")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit