JW's clearly going 'beyond the things written' - examples

by jambon1 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

jury duty?

i call bs on that one.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My kids were not allowed to go with anyone else in fs because they weren't baptized yet. I couldn't take them and train them for obvious reasons. They simply didn't go out in fs. At the time, I thought that if it was such important work that they would have helped me train the kids in d2d. Didn't happen so I began questioning the importance of fs and it snowballed from there.

• booby
    booby

at one time colored shirts were frowned upon and they were ferbotten for platform.

One congregation kept a white shirt on hand and asked any public speaker who showed up in a colored one to change.

• Forscher
    Forscher

The prohibition on,

Smoking

Masturbating

Gambling, even state lotteries

Correcting elders who are wrong, that unless they are contradicting the GB

Criticizing the GB (Paul did, after all, if it can be assumed that the Apostles he confronted were the fore runners of the GB as they allege.)

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

All the recent stuff about how, after the Great Trib and into the 1000 years, our lives will be ALL about the hard work of burying the dead, cleaning up the earth, building houses for the resurrected ones, teaching said resurrected ones the truth. G. Losch said in his recent Hawaiian discourse that, while we may think it'll be a long vacation, that certainly won't be the case. It's going to be very hard work. (Meanwhile the anointed are in heaven directing us. 2nd class citizens....) In all seriousness I found those discussions very, very depressing. (One publisher stated that it makes you wonder if it's all worthwhile...) And also none of it is in scripture. However, God is stretching out his hand and satisfying the desires of every. Living. Thing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where in the Bible does it say one must remain single in order to go into the Ministerial Value Destroyer Training School?

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

The watchtower's demonization of "Independent Thinking" is clearly going beyond what is written.

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

1 Cor. 7: 10 & 11 - To the married people I give instructions, yet not I but the Lord, that a wife should not depart from her husband; but if she should actually depart, let her remain unmarried or else make up again with her husband; and a husband should not leave his wife.

No where do I see those 3 exceptions, physical, spiritual endangerment, or negelecting to support her. Although it's a good idea to get out of an abusive situation, These are wacktower rules. NOT BIBLICAL RULES. I've seen a couple sisters use this as an excuse to dump their husbands. They violate their own rules. More hard evidence they are WRONG.

• nurse09
    nurse09

My favourite is the 2 year "forgiveness" rule.

If you committed a sin (up until a few years ago this also included adultery or fornication), but no one found out about it, but your exemplary behaviour over the past 2 years has demonstrated that Jehovah's continues to bless you, then you are "forgiven" and neither reproved or removed from congregational responsibilities.

prov

WoW! That is a load of crap!

Never heard of that one. How long has it been around?

• VM44
    VM44

607 BCE, 1914 CE, along with the scripture and historical twisting calculation that connects those two years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit