Did I hear this right....?

by Lo-ru-hamah 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    He has read one chapter of the now is finished the great mystery by CT Russell and said that it makes him happy that the witnesses are constantly changing because Russell said that was the sign of a true religion.

CT Russell? How does he know Joseph Smith didn't say something enlightening? What makes Russell so special?

nothin' that's what.

lisa

• carla
    carla

They do have selective memory in this dept don't they? I have shown my jw many, many of the 'only jw's will survive' type of quotes and yet he forgets and says I never have! He too claims 'only jah knows'. It is one of the most frustrating doctrines to me of jw's. On one hand they claim they do not believe it yet when you show them their own literature that claims you must be associated with jw's to have any hope of surviving the Big A they either change the subject or say it is old literature or taken out of context. I then ask 'you mean we need the wt to understand the Bible and we cannot understand the literature they hand out at the doors and need to go to a meeting to get help understanding them too? then what is the point of handing it out?'

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Didn't and don't they teach that unless you are a JW at the end times you will die?

Yes. Sad, huh?

momz

• chickpea
    chickpea

the public face of a dub will say, when asked if
    ONLY dubs will survive the big A, "only jehovah
    can judge that", but privately and in their enclaves
    they cackle the party line that only those fully
    assimilated have any hope of walking thru the carnage

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I believe Blondie's post above answers your questions quite nicely. I remember nearly all of these types of articles, but yet other JW's seem to have a selective memory. The use the 'ol tried and true: "Only Jehovah can read hearts and minds," or the scripture from the Bible that states, "the righteous and the unrighteous will be resurrected on Judgement Day."

This is a case in which the JW's clearly have two conflicting ideas. First, you have what the Bible says, which is the 2 quotes above. Then, you have the WatchTower dogma, which blondie listed nicely. So, which one are you gonna believe?

Insane, isn't it?

- Wing Commander

• Robert7
    Robert7

TOTAL doublethink. My wife has noticed this with her friends. She told them how it seems wrong that all non-JWs will die, and all JWs say "no they won't". My wife is like who are you fooling? Why do you know that only JWs will be saved, but only publicly say that it's not true.

They either are victims of doublethink, or they truly don't realize that the WTS teaches that only JWs will be saved.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Oh- its a great double think- they (we formerly) go to meetings, go in service, run ourselves ragged out of fear of being destroyed at Armageddon- but when pressed, they will all say- "We don't believe that everyone who is not a Witness will die at Armageddon" WTF- which is it? Do you die for not going to meetings or not???

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They intentionally make it confusing.

I fully agree with WTWizard. They use a double standard on this.
    They tell the world [even in interviews with their spokesmen] that
    JW's are not the judge of people and that they do not claim to be
    the only ones that God will keep alive or that will survive.

They wink at that statement to the members. They use the scriptures
    to say it will be difficult to survive. Anyone not doing God's will is going
    to be judged. If you seek the kingdom and seek His righteousness,
    PROBABLY, you MAY BE concealed in the day of his anger.
    Certainly if anyone knows the truth, and is found not doing His will, it
    will be better for the one who doesn't know it at all. OH, but the truth
    will be abundantly clear in the end, so don't try to remain ignorant.

That also serves to allow JW's to believe that dead relatives can be
    resurrected because they didn't live in the time of judgment at the very
    end when the truth would be abundantly clear.

The more I try to explain, the cloudier it will get. "So do only JW's
    survive Armageddon?" That depends.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here is even more explicit proof that the WTS teaches that only JWs will be saved.

*** w58 10/15 614-5 What Will Armageddon Mean for You? ***

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few. They are the few that walk the narrow way or cramped road that leads to life. These will not share in the fighting but will merely sing God's praises.-2 Chron. 20:20, 21; 2 Cor. 10:4, 5; Matt. 7:13, 14.

On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions. Even the professedly Christian organizations? Yes, because all such that are friends of the world are making themselves enemies of God.-1 John 5:19; Jas. 4:4.

Yes, today the earth is filled with wickedness, much innocent blood has been and is being shed, both in war and in peace. Godless men are persecuting Jehovah's servants and ruining the earth. Jehovah will express "indignation against all the nations" and "against all the inhabitants of the earth," because "there is nought but swearing and breaking faith, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery." At Armageddon Jehovah "will cause justice to be done" speedily to "his chosen ones who cry aloud to him" because of being persecuted. At that time he will also "bring to ruin those ruining the earth."-Isa. 34:2; Jer. 25:30; Hos. 4:2, AS; Luke 18:8, 7; Rev. 11:18.

The 6 million or so dubs today represents 1/10th of 1 percent the world's population of 6 billion+. What more proof does you dub friend need?

Farkel

• james_woods
    james_woods

You know what - if the great War-God YHWH would just wait a few more years, the total earth population might grow to 10 Billion or perhaps even more. Then there would be quite a lot more people to roast in his big Waco-style barbeque.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit