Why do you put up with crap off your JW famlies?

by dawg 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Dawg!..I think for many people this forum is their first step at speaking out..Something they couldn`t do before..In time they will learn to do it anywhere,anytime.....Soon they`ll be as big of a Pain in the Ass,as you and me..LOL!!..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Doe-I never said coward, but you are one to come on a thread and post a threat... and I bet you've said nothing oh brave one to your family. Actions speak louder than words.

What threat?

Bravery has nothing to do with JW issues. Furthermore, my family knows my position. Out of mutual respect for each other's beliefs, we don't try to push them on each other. That's a concept you seem to not understand.

• dawg
    dawg

Switch, good points all around... after all, what in the world could possibly be so wrong with telling those you profess to love how you feel? And your right, you take crap off your families but keep on loving them and associating with them.

But when I say "taking crap" I mean the shunning in particular. I could care less they believe, as long as we talk and they stop treating me differently.

As for the stages you mentioned, I did my steps in phases also, that is still doing something so you are actually showing bravery.

Good job my sister.

• dawg
    dawg

If you've spoken out Doe, then what was the point of your attack? I see a discrepancy in your words.

When someone says, "I bet you wouldn't call me a coward to my face" then that person is making a threat, in this case it was made over the internet and shows little courage. Obviously I couldn't have been speaking to you and calling you anything if you've spoken out, so why were you offended? I don't believe your words Doe, I think the evidence is in what you posted as you took offense.

No onw will ever be as big a pain in the ass as you and I are Outlaw!

• sf
    sf

Dawg, I fully and absolutely concur with you on this VITAL ISSUE. An issue that is one of the most frustrating to me. Yet not as maddening as their help in the continued grinding of the Watchtowers lethal policies wheels. (Please view my avatar) You and carla completely get it. Along with maybe, a handful of others. Thank you for expressing your true thoughts and feelings on such an important matter that continues to keep innocent children trapped, by their parents insanity. Sincerely, sKally

• John Doe
    John Doe
    If you've spoken out Doe, then what was the point of your attack? I see a discrepancy in your words.

I am not outspoken. I never claimed to be. What I said is my family knows my position. I have told them what I think of JW policies. At the same time, I'm not on a rampage to make them adopt my beliefs, nor do I claim to have a monopoly on being right. I take offense at your words because they are judgmental, narrow minded, and not constructive.

• cognac
    cognac

I'm always speaking out...

Usually getting myself into a lot of trouble, lol

Then, when I get myself into a good bind, I come on here looking for help out of it, lol

Tact, what's tact??? lol

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Dawg, I agree with your viewpoint 100%.. see one of my 1st threads where I quoted you and asked people a similar question:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/157917/1.ashx

Awakened-To each his own is a cop out, here's what I see on this board, a bunch of folks too afraid to speak but more then willing to come on here and complain. And what does that accomplish?

I don't think its a cop out... I agree that it would be great for everyone to take a public stand (as I have done, which got me DA'd in no time flat). I wnet public with my wife, parents, other family, and "friends" as soon as I was sure of my decision. I have no regrets for that. But I understand the point that some make when they try to do things more subtly, which Amazing posted on freeminds as an example of how this can be done. http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm His method was very successful, so to say that this is a cop-out doesn't match the facts.

I can see some wisdom in going slowly. In my case, my wife has totally closed her mind to any anti-JW messages, and perhaps she may have been more open about things had I not been so adamant myself. But that is water under the bridge for me.

As I say, I am not afraid to speak... I have my real pic on JWD, and as an ex-Gilead Grad my pic and real name can easily found by reading through WT mags. I am proud to be an ExJW and I let people know that with no fear of repercussions.

I agree that some may go overboard and are afraid to speak... still going to meetings, giving talks, service, going through the motions... all I would say to them is to set a time limit and stick to it. At some point they must leave the WTS and let their families know. It would drive me insane to lead a JW life while believing its just BS.

If I said to each his own its because I respect others decisions and choices. I could say the same for homosexuals, atheists, or anyone else who comes to this board who has opinions or lifestyles that differ from my own. I respect them, something I could not do as a self-righteous JW.

A@G (of the speaking out is better than staying quiet class)

• oompa
    oompa
    A@G: perhaps she may have been more open about things had I not been so adamant myself

nooo...not you? Adamant? You are now the most famous FREIGHT TRAIN on JWD! Hey, I tried to slow ya down pal. Not you are nearly an idol on JWD....a Gilead Grad Apostate????.............................rare find my friend!...............oompa

• DJK
    DJK
    Tact, what's tact??? lol

The ability to tell someone to go to hell and make them feel happy to be on their way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit