first post...nervous

by passwordprotected 63 Replies latest members private

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome to JWD

Ahhhhh the fading process....

I just completed mine & I could be happier!

The best part about JWD is that you know it is not in your head and that you are not alone. Fading takes time, so take one step at a time.

If you can find out her doubts, exploit them.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Welcome! I applaud your wifes idea of just reading the bible. That is what helped me see the way out! I would recommend getting a side by side translation bible with 4 versions. That is what I did. I bought it at Borders bookstore. I felt so nervous standing in the religion aisle buying a bible. I felt like I could be "caught" and punished for it. Anyway...I never feel God's presence more than when I read and rely solely on Him. No outside information. Just a comparison of the translations and the Holy Spirit.

I finally settled on liking the New International Version best. I can tell you I thanked God for it and slept with it on my nightstand and fell asleep with my hand on it! I would wake up several times (leaving the JW organization messes with your sleep!) and would smile and pat it. It helped me see God and His purposes differently and helped heal my heart. Remember, just because the Society says those that leave the organisation are turning their backs on Jehovah, that doesn't make that statement true at all! They say so many things with such an air of authority and we have them memorized so well that they come into our own head when we question their authority and what they teach. The scripture where Jesus asks Peter "you do not want to leave me also do you?" Peter responds with "Lord, who else will we go to? You have the sayings of everlasting life." Peter said "who/whom" NOT WHERE as the Society implies. That scripture was my weak spot in leaving. I was so scared. And then one day, crying on my bed pouring my heart out and begging for help...the Holy Spirit helped me see that in that scripture. The "who" is Jesus. It is not the Society.It was my first step in being able to mentally leave in good conscience. I wish you both all the best and understand how hard of a position you are in. Guilt and fear were the biggest obstacles for me. Losing family and friends is no picnic...but having the scales fall from your eyes and experiencing the delight of freedom is so worth it for me and my hubby and our children (ages 6 and 4 when we left). My husband was 3rd generation JW and I was 2nd. Almost all his family on both sides were in and comprised, at one time, nearly the whole body of elders in our congregation!

As we were feeling the desire to leave, my husband had a job change taking us 800 miles away from family and friends. It was a wonderful time for us to follow our hearts. I wish you and your wife a lifetime of love and happiness as you begin this new journey together. You sound like a lovely couple!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Thanks again for the comments and encouragement. I know what you mean about sleepless nights. It's a horrible thing. (Sorry about the lack of paragraphs, seems my browser can't handle the formatting.)

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hope you'll stick around and tell us more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit