first post...nervous

by passwordprotected 63 Replies latest members private

• JK666
    JK666

Password,

Welcome to JWD! I remember how nervous I was when I first posted here.

It was here that I found out about the JW/UN affiliation for a decade. That was my personal dealbreaker. Sacolton, believe it or not many elders do not even know about it 7 years later.

I look forward to more of your posts.

JK

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome, sir.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome to the board. I'm glad to hear your wife and you are somewhat on the same page. That will be a great help to both of you. I agree there will be rocky times ahead for jws and many changes. Whatever you decide, keep your marriage strong and don't let them divide you and your wife.

Take things slow and let your conscience be your guide. I enjoyed your first post. Don't make yourself a stranger here.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome! I'm glad you found us.

Check out the "best of" section on this site for more reasons why the WT is not "the truth".

My personal eye opener was the WT's affiliation with the UN. Another one is the fact that the WT has deliberately changed history by teaching that Jesuralem was destroyed in 607BCE, when it is an established and non refuted fact this occured in 586/587 BCE. Imagine telling people 9/11 ocurred in 1981, how dumb is that??????????

changeling :)

• dawg
    dawg

Password, that voice inside your head that's making you question is the greatest gift we have, it's called logic and the more you use it the more you;ll see the lies of the Wt religion. Welcome aboard.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Then there's the Revelation book; I can't be alone in wondering why on earth I didn't spot the glaring nonsense it teaches one of the previous times we studied it

oh you are not alone. This time around the "glaring nonsense" was almost blinding! For some reason it never phased me in the past.

I think as we begin to think for ourselves and "examine" what the WTS prints, we actually begin to understand for the first time what we always thought we believed! We then are shocked at how rediculous the WTS teachings are and we realize why "worldy" people think were nuts.

Welcome aboard. Your experiences remind me of my own in a small way. Keep posting!

Still_in (yes, I am still in too)

• wings
    wings

Welcome, great first post! I personally have found information, friends, support, and entertainment here. If you do leave, you can always come here for "bad association" my favorite kind. Just kidding...there are more good and real people here than you could imagine.

I will look for future posts from you....wish you the best in your search! (Crisis of Conscience....good recommendation....great book)

wings

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

PWP,Welcome!

I was also an elder for many years. Even as an elder and long before coming on line, there were things that disturbed me enough that I wouldn't act on them as an elder. If there wasn't a very definite scripture, I just didn't go there. Oral sex, education, having to attend EVERY meeting - the list grew and grew and eventually I stepped down.

Take things slowly. Use family and perhaps "burning out" as reasons for shedding a few responsibilities. Your wife sounds like she's already as concerned with things as you are. Keep talking. Seek whatever help you need here on JWD.

We're glad to help.

S4

• DisconnectingDrone
    DisconnectingDrone

Hi,
    Welcome to the board. I think we all felt nervous on first visiting this and other sites. I think the issues you raised are common amongst many that made people question things, and then they find that there are other things going on that they haven't mentioned to you.
    Look forward to reading your posts.

DD

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome PP, It’s ok to be nervous with your first post. All of us went through the same thing. Everyone else said all that I could possibly say so I’ll make this short. I don’t know where you are from, but as an ex-elder and ex-JW from the Pittsburgh, PA area, I am always available for support for anyone who has questions. My best to you, HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit