first post...nervous

by passwordprotected 63 Replies latest members private

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hi PP your nervousness is understandable most of the folks here were at some time in their life a little apprehensive about

discussing issues with the JWS and that is quite natural.

There are a lot of warm hearted , compassionate and very knowledgeable people to talk to here, so relax and join in on the discussions, thats what its all about.

• besty
    besty

Hi PP welcome to the interactive side of JWD where you can be famous :-)

First you have been busy reading, soon you will be addicted to posting and finally to helping others - thats the way JWD works

You can read many stories on here about peoples journey to spiritual truth - one that always sticks out for me is The Scotsmanhttp://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/113828/1991258/post.ashx#1991258 He was an elder and was going to set a few people on JWD straight. 6 months later he had resigned and was planning his fade.

The only advice I think you need right now is to take your time and don't do anything rash - you have committed many years to JW's and you can take a few more if neccessary to accomplish your goals.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Thanks very much for the kind and warm welcome. Re. this comment; PWP, Is there something you know that we don't know? We'd love to hear it. Can you give us a hint, or is it too early to be sure? I don't know anything 'secret', but with the meeting change and us fast approaching 2014 it goes without saying that new changes will be ahead of us. The GB have said they'll write the the BoE re. the new meeting arrangment, this, I'm sure means further changes.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome aboard Password... you said.> Just read the Bible. She suggested it.
    That reminded me of another elder David Reed,his wife suggested that & lo & behold it gave them freedom from bondage.
    I was kicked out intact -no doubts only about 1914. Thought I was the only apostate out here.But your in amidst thousands now finding out the truth about the "LIE"
    Lovely to have you here hope your wife posts soon. this is a GREAT family((((HUG)))

Granny/Mouthy/ Grace

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome to Jwd,

Re. this comment; PWP,

PWP= password protected your name abbreviated. I also see big changes a head to the Wt.

Hope4others

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Welcome Pass! I can see why you were well liked...after just reading one post I like you a lot. You are a mild spirited man, and I feel from you that your heart is the best judge of what is real and what is not and that you weigh things carefully before you accept them.

Its a tough position you are in being an elder and having to create the image that you still buy this stuff. I dont admire that you have to do that, but on the other hand, if God reads hearts and you said you believe in Him, he knows whats going on with you and that if you have to maintain appearances for now you have to do what you have to do. You might try going to a doctor and coming down with severe depression (and that would be credible considering the circumstances you are in) and getting medication for it...then gradually backing off from your duties culminating in having to step down as an elder because you dont want to be "discouraging" to the friends with your current state of mind. :) Im not sure any of that is even feasible...but even nonelders have a problem fading.

I hope eventually your wife will join you here and we can talk to her and answer her concerns.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WELCOME Password!!! It always fascinates me when we have an elder climb aboard the freedom flight. You have no doubt invested many years and many tears in your upward progression in the org. You have been privvy to so much info about the friends and their choices of habits in their lives.

You have also been a witness to the dealings of the elders with errant jw's and therefore KNOW the truth about the TRUTH. Perhaps, this is what has drawn you to our table. Please feel free to share your innermost thoughts with us, as we have already done and vented our spleens and our hearts. It's great therapy as you will soon learn.

Good to have you here.

NMG

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WELCOME Password!!! It always fascinates me when we have an elder climb aboard the freedom flight. You have no doubt invested many years and many tears in your upward progression in the org. You have been privvy to so much info about the friends and their choices of habits in their lives.

You have also been a witness to the dealings of the elders with errant jw's and therefore KNOW the truth about the TRUTH. Perhaps, this is what has drawn you to our table. Please feel free to share your innermost thoughts with us, as we have already done and vented our spleens and our hearts. It's great therapy as you will soon learn.

Good to have you here.

NMG

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Welcome PP.

I learned that things were not quite right very similar to yourself. (No outside influence). Best way to find things out IMO.

Just to say that there are a few other elders on the site that might be able to help you with your circumstances. They will have a practical idea of how to help.

Thanks for sharing your story. I really look forward to hearing more from you and your story…..

Best wishes,

Mr.M

• tak
    tak

Welcome PWP; Congratulations on your choice and decision for your future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit