did you have CO's with speical dietary requirements ??

by karter 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never had that "privilege"--and if they attempted to stick me with it, I think they would be quite hungry or end up with a nice run of diarrhea from all the coconut oil I would feed them (which, by the way, might clean up some of the gunk they spew out anyway).

Or, maybe some fortune cookies, Lucky Charms, and foods that I would pray to the demons to possess...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

We had one CO (who I actually liked) who had to watch what he ate because of his frequent attacks of gout. They had boxed lunches brought to the hall and they'd eat there. They'd have only one evening meal with a family, and fended for themselves for all their breakfasts and other dinners.

W

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yep. Seen that before.

I'd like the chance to fix them a meal now!

I guarantee you they would never forget it!

• Casper
    Casper

Same here,

We had the usual allergies, one couple only wanted soft foods, a Co's wife insisted on sea salt.

Nothing really major that I remember.

Cas

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

We had one C.O. who refused to eat tuna. We all knew this because he said during his "introductory" talk that tuna didn't agree with him.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Our CO had their own apartment in one of the KH which I thought was the best. I'm sure some of them were aholes about it, but can you imagine if you were the CO? I'm a vegetarian so I can sympathize. It's one thing to sit down politely once in a blue moon at someone's house and eat something you shouldn't, don't usually eat, or don't eat for various reasons. Imagine if you had to eat 2 meals a day, every day, week in, week out and people making you things you can't or shouldn't eat?

We had one CO whose wife was a great cook, so she cooked the meal and invited the local family over instead, and just submitted the grocery bill to the KH.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When my ex and I invited the CO's or anyone else over for dinner we made it a point to ask in advance if there was anything they didn't like or couldn't have for any reason. That's something I still do.

If I'm going to cook for company, I want them to enjoy themselves.

W

• Alexia
    Alexia

I have specific food allergies and intolerances so there are foods I cannot eat at all and some I have to be very strict with: gluten, most other grains, soy, dairy and sugar. With that said, I would never expect anyone to cater to my difficult requirements on a regular basis. When asked, I let my host know what I can and cannot have and leave it at that if I am invited to a food related event.

The COs wives need to cook for themselves or bring something they can have.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I remember this back in the 'day'. I was baffled at why anybody would want to put them up and cater to them. I was also offended by the asking for money for COs - insurance, etc. Here you probably had people in the congregation who had no insurance and they had the nerve to expect money for them???

On a related note, I was also offended by the asking for money for a special meal for the pioneers. Very offensive.

Here the religion claims it has 'no clergy class' but they were always asking for money for these groups of people. It was around this time I started to seriously question things.

LHG

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

My father did one better than just feed a CO a meal.... He rebuilt the engine in the CO's car. My father was a mechanic and owned his own garage, so he did it all on his own time and own money and even gave the CO a car to use while his was being worked on. Talk about a sweet deal!

We did have a few circuit overseers that had particular dietary requirements. We had one that was so picky that before the CO came to town our presiding overseer put a motion before the congregation whether or not they preferred to feed the CO and wife in their homes or simply take up a collection so the CO could go out to eat somehwere. They took up a collection!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit