did you have CO's with speical dietary requirements ??

by karter 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

We hade one if you served him a meal with onions he would not eat it and said to one sister"don't you know i can't eat this!" no she did'nt. The latest CO around here if you have them for a meal you get a list what they will not eat.

• loosie
    loosie

Damn I guess the king shoudl bring his own personal taster with him wherever he goes.

• asilentone
    asilentone

yes, a very young circuit overseer, Jonathan Smith in the mid 90's had very strict dietary requirements, but I do not remember what he cannot eat.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Half the CO's I went through had dietary requirements. The last one was very rude. When they first visited our congo the CO's wife rudely and forcefully told the hostesses for the week exactly what they were to cook and how. It was unbelievable. The sisters were incredulous and red faced!

BTS

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This happens all the time...it had to be anounced on stage so everyone knew..."no dairy" etc....if they are that sick it's time to quit.

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES! We have had 4 CO's to stay in our place:

1/ From Canada, we couldn't cook anything in an Aluminium pan.

2/ Couple who had worked in Middle East and Africa -

- ALL fruit had to be washed and scrubbed with washing up detergent before eating.

they loved Garlic, as much as they could eat! No alcohol all week, only after Sunday meeting.

3/ Had to have fish for supper every evening, this was the reason we had them,

PO didn't like them in his house as he and his wife hated fish.

Had to have alcohol every evening.

4/ Brother ate meat, wife was a vegetarian, so we had to serve 2 meals every evening.

We did usually receive a thank you card about a week after they left, never ever heard from the Canadian family again.

We wouldn't do it again,

fokyc

• chickpea
    chickpea

mostly it was the CO's wives,
    incl one who would only drink
    bottled spring water, still, not sparkling....
    but there was one really cool
    CO we had ( wife too )
    who was a little rotund so
    his issue was lo-cal

• anglise
    anglise

I think the question should be "Any CO's WITHOUT special dietary requirements lol.

Maybe this goes with the territory but they did seem to be a sickly pedantic bunch.

Anglise

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

We had so many penikity CO’s and their wives. A JW friend of mine had them stay at her place many times and I think that there was only one couple that didn’t have a dietary requirement. Some were for a good reason mind, being that one CO’s wife had an allergy. But most were just finicky.

They always stayed upstairs and out the way as well. Some were quite pleasant but then there was this old chap who went on about drinking and how bad it was. He was dead set against it. But you should have seen his nose. I have never seen so many veins in my life. Looked like a road map. You could tell that he had a drink problem in the past……….When people protest that hard against something you know that it pertains to themselves…….

I personally am dead set against gross sexual misconduct……..Oops……!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course I am out of the loop these days and even so, around here they stay in the C. O flat at a neighboring KHall.

When I was younger though, it was a standing joke that C/o's were hard to feed..I can remember the whole list being read out to the cong. because it was in his official letter. Our old P .O had kids and he recalled that they believed it was requirement of the job for a C.O to have a stomach problem.

Was it a result of all that "hospitality" that they had the problem?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit