For JW Apologists - What is Your Motive for Posting on JWD ?

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I was just curious about this - as I've noticed that when some on the board are trying to be helpful or assist some who have faded or exited the Jehovah's Witnesses to deal with their circumstances - whether it's dealing with believing mates, relatives, or in making an independent stand for their freedom - at times people will come on the board sticking up for the cult mind control ways of the JWs and attempt to hinder some of us from assisting a person to attain freedom from the witness cult .

I guess my question is - What would make a person come join an obvious anti-witness discussion board to come and communicate positive vibes about the witnesses ? I don't get it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there Jehovah's Witnesses websites people can post on to find and enjoy those of like mind and faith. Of course it's a free world, we all have freedom of speech - that is a given, and rightly so - but I am just curious about the motives of some . Have any of you noticed this at times ? Not trying to stir anything up - I'm just genuinely curious . Look forward to your comments

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They probably think the apostates are sharpening them.

That, or they are really in denial.

Or it could be that our women are hotter than theirs.

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Yeah- I think you are probably right . The witnesses just come here to use us for target practice, and once we get shot up with spiritual holes ; they pull out the heavy artillery in the field service door to door. Edited to add : Our women are definitely hotter than their witness women. Just check out our JWD Wild Beast calendar ! LOL! My wife was Miss April ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wild Beast Calendar? I want one!

• flipper
    flipper

WHITE DOVE- I'm trying to remember which poster had access to getting the Girls of JWD calendar going , riding on the Wild Beasts ! Someone help me here please ! Was it JH who had access to the photoshop making the calendars ?? Maybe someone will write in here ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think a lot of them are trying to deceive themeselves into believing the propoganda. If someone else verifies it it makes it more believable to them so they try to convince others.

• yknot
    yknot

IMHO.

Type 1 .because they believe in the concept that many of us did for years. They think we have been stumbled by human brethern or worldly influence. They believe that the organization is the path to salvation and are motivated to try to save us because they care or have a similar situation going on in their lives with loved ones falling away. With the loss of so many over the years, talk of re-gathering those who have been "stumbled' has been often discussed by concept believers. Try as the WTS might many R&F don't see apostates as the villians, just a people lost. Really it isn't too different when we individually encourage critical thinking in believing JWs.

Type 2. What Mysterious said...confirmation of WTS stereotyping.

Type 3 Those who have doubts but are in denial and fighting it. One toe into the EX-JW waters at a time.

Lets rejoice that they came, something in their mind rejected the WTS programing to stay away from 'apostates'. Independent thinking even on this small scale is beautiful.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What apologists? There are remarkably few, and not just here but anywhere on the Internet.

In the early days of the Internet there were more of them around. Some lost faith in the Witnesses like Greg Stafford or in God altogether like Heinz Hector Schmidt, and others curtailed their online activities like Hal Flemings and Edgar Foster.

I think it's a shame there are not more Witnesses with the courage of their convictions to have a debate. There are some very smart Witnesses and I think many of them could make some reasonable defences on various issues if they put their mind to it.

It would also be helpful to apostates to have some real opposition too as it were. It would help dispose of many of the flabby arguments against the Witnesses that get given currency here.

• flipper
    flipper

MYSTERIOUS- That's a good point you ake. If the witnesses wrong beliefs are exposed to them by us - then they try to fight it and convince themselves and others that it's not true.

YKNOT- So the witnesses come back here to save us because they feel we are lost ? LOL! And they are out to confirm what the Watchtower society keeps telling them about apostates .Some of the witnesses are fighting the urge to join us and not believe what we are saying. Deep down- I think a lot of them know we are right.

SLIMBOYFAT- I agree there are just a few JW apologists here, not many. However, lately the ones that are here have been very vocal towards us who are trying to help people with their fading problems ( example : read OOMPA's latest thread on dealing with his wife ) and the responses of those dissing some really good advice given him. It's JW apologist crap ; which I don't have much patience with. I agree having some witnesses on the board here debating with us is good ; as it sharpens or hones our debating skills , but after awhile it's like pissing against the wind ; as witnees sympathizers DO NOT reason on things , it's like beating your head against a brick wall. Oh well ; I have a hard head, I'll just keep beating it. LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• milligal
    milligal

I sent a private message to one who had responded to one of my threads. She replied that she felt this forum was full of young witnesses who just did not like what they heard-or were bristling under discipline or direction (loose paraphrase here) also that she just loved Jehovah so much she wanted to talk to anyone who would listen about him.

I replied to her giving her my entire life story of abuse and harassment and I reiterated that many on this board did not take leaving lightly but have lost friends, family and lives because of leaving. She responded that she was shocked and did not know what to say, but that she would not be back to the forum as it was not the place for her. Probably best....I have only been here a short time and I appreciate the support, I have to fight myself when I see a borg promoter- not to unleash the fiercer side of my brain (which is driving me to law school) and share my good news with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit