More Evidence that Jehovah Is a Tyrant

by WTWizard 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• White Dove
    White Dove

He's a bastard, for sure. Thank the goddess that he isn't real.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

legalchickie....... I was a JW for 25 wasted years. Years that I cannot turn back and celebrate my children's birthdays, Christmas, etc. Those years are lost to me forever because of being in this horrible cult!! Loving god??? Get real! Why blame God? Put the blame on the WT Society who taught you nothing but a false belief system. They are the ones to blame, not God. Just think of all the effort you put into studying the WT publications. Why not put a fraction of that time into what all other Christian's believe. HappyDad

• Flash
    Flash

Over time its become clear to me that we all have 'higher' expectations of God than we should.

Why do we believe He can NEVER make a poor decision or even a disasterous one? He's "GOD" right? So its not supposed to happen.

Since we are in His image don't we all make poor choices from time to time? I'm not talking about breaking God's laws/sin. I'm mean we should have known better and handled things differantly for a better outcome but didn't. Do we ever get an attitude with someone and behave badly? Have we ever shown favoritism to someone at the expence of others? ...God has.

I've come to believe that perfection and even being GOD doesn't guarantee good judgement or consistantly 'loving' behavior. He can be counted on to keep His word and live within His own laws though. And His remorse after the Flood shows ( like us ) a desire and willingness to benefit from hindsight.

I believe He is a good person that has made some seriously bad choices.

• aniron
    aniron

Its a pity we don't show more concern about the HUMAN tyrants that do exist.

Than about one which does not exist.

• sass_my_frass
  • JCanon
    JCanon
    However, before joining, ask yourself this. Would you want to live forever on a "paradise" Earth, in the New Dark Ages, that is presided by some Almighty Baghead like God?

Interesting perspective.

I must say though, at the end of the day, whatever pros and cons are in place regarding worshipping God, that one third, ONE-THIRD of the angels opted out. I could only surmise many had your same pessimistic view of God, and, of course, blamed God for their own unhappiness.

It's difficult to "judge" when so much is subjective.

Thus, as I've tried to express in another article about how God allows the "wicked" a full life, these "ethical" and "moral" issues that are brought up, accusing God, I seek to minimize totally by placing everything in a biological king of setting, where everything is sort of likened to a PLANT. A plant grows, it blossoms, it seeds, it dies. It has a temporary life.

Same with an animal. It's born, so darling and cute, like a kitten. It lives, it plays, it grows up, has babies then eventually dies. It's just that temporary cycle. But it lacks any moral judgment since in that since, LIFE is a gift, even if temporary.

Therefore, to those who would accuse God of being cruel or evil or anything like that, we (speaking as Jesus Christ) take that hit. That is, we have a position of nolo contendere. We accept your subjective view. If you see God as cruel and evil and a demon, we just have to accept that. But we assert one quality that God has for this type of argument. God has four main qualities. Love, Justice, POWER and wisdom. In this case, we play the POWER card. That is, God can choose to grant temporary lives to all life across the board. He can choose to have all die, therefore. Which he did. ALL die. Even Jesus Christ. So all is fair. Some will think God as being generous for their temporary life and some will complain and claim they wish they were never born at all. That's the PRICE of creating a system of FREE MORAL AGENCY. There is nothing God can do with that but accept that some will not like him.

But during this temporary life God grants to all, he takes notes. And those that he really likes, after their death, he brings back and grants them eternal life. So it's a preference thing.

Basically, those who complain don't tend to get called back.

Unhappy with God. No problem. He's not one to force you to keep living an unhappy life. He gladly will grant you death without return. So everybody is happy in the end. The perfect universe.

JC

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

I love how "Christians" try to defend the OT God. Let's work with a touch of logic here

1) If you believe in the biblical God you do so becasue of the contents of the bible, there is no way you would come up with this God on your own. Every idea you have of God is based on what the bible has told you

2) The OT God has exhibited traits we would more associate with people like Hitler or Stalin. He has already killed almost the entire planets population via the flood including the babies and children around at the time. Killed an entire generation of innocent Egytian firstborns, killed the innocent people of Sodom and Gomorra (unless you are naive enough to think there were no babies or children there), had a angel kill 187000 assyrian soldiers in one night even though they were doing their job, allowed Job to have his life completely destroyed along with his wife killed for what is basically a bet you know but that was alright as God gave him a new wife!, is ridiculously jealous, shows signs of moving the goalposts ie the regular isrealites are smited for trivialities but King David when knocking off Bathsheba's bloke so he could ave his wicked way with her is give a slap on the wrist ........ but wait God causes her to lose her baby. What has God got against babies anyway??

3) The usual defense against these charges is "He is God he can do what he wants, it is His world and universe". Fair enough but if He wants worship and resepct he has to earn it, you do not get it JUST because you made everything. You can force it from people but then God loses his claim to universal sovereignty

Conclusion: If the biblical God is real then yes as creator of everything He can do whatever the hell he likes, he can be as bipolar as he wants, he can be selective and have favourites, however if he wants worship without forcing it then he needs to sort his murderous act out, having the right to be a git because you control everything does not mean you should do it. How can I have a higher set of morals than this "loving" god

• Flash
    Flash
    However, before joining, ask yourself this. Would you want to live forever on a "paradise" Earth, in the New Dark Ages, that is presided by some Almighty Baghead like God?

Interesting perspective.

I must say though, at the end of the day, whatever pros and cons are in place regarding worshipping God, that one third, ONE-THIRD of the angels opted out.

I could only surmise many had your same pessimistic view of God, and, of course, blamed God for their own unhappiness.

I have to wonder what effort the One Third made to address their greivences or did they just walk out rather than try?

With changes in thinking the Dark Ages eventualy ENDED.

• dinah
    dinah

Hmmm, personal responsibility. Quit blaming God for your mistakes.

I would think we could all agree on that point, Christians and Atheists.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Quit blaming God for your mistakes?

What about the ones that you didn't make, but He went and pretended you did anyway so you could suffer bad consequences anyway, even though you did everything perfect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit