More Evidence that Jehovah Is a Tyrant

by WTWizard 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• legalchickie
    legalchickie

WT- I am so in agreement with you. Would any one of us that are loving parents to our children, sit back and calmly watch as our children are abused, tortured, starving, killed in earthquakes, famine, hurricanes and disease (just to name a few) if we had the power to save them?? How can he call himself a loving god when he doesn't lift a hand to help his children when they are in harms way. Anyone that believes that he is a god of love is kidding themselves.

I was a JW for 25 wasted years. Years that I cannot turn back and celebrate my children's birthdays, Christmas, etc. Those years are lost to me forever because of being in this horrible cult!!

Loving god??? Get real!

• OBVES
    OBVES

God Yahweh is not a tyrant as many want to picture him ignoring the fact how misled are they in their thinking !

Do you want God Yahweh to cut your hands right off when you write against Him on this forum? Sure you are deserving of it and yet He lets you go on and have hands .

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Right on, Burn. My thoughts exactly. It has been my experience that what people fear (and hate) most is their own incredible capacity for evil.

You hit the nail squarely on the head. The very things that we accuse God of being, we are/can become even more so. And this applies to all. There's not one who can say, "I wouldn't have done that."

I must admit, the God in the Old Testament does seem MEAN, jealous, demanding, petty. BUT, me being human, it's quite possible there is just alot I don't understand about him.

I used to feel the same way. I think all the many facets of His personality are in keeping with His designation I AM or I WILL BE whatever it takes to see that My will is done.

Sylvia

• legalchickie
    legalchickie

OBVE - If you feel that way, why are you even on this forum?? Just go on your merry way. I noticed you did not even address one of the statements I made in my reply. Hmmm, I wonder why that would be? Could it be that you don't have any direct answers for what was written in my post?

Do you have children? Would you just stay out of the way if one of them was being tortured or killed?? If you wouldn't, why is it acceptable for Jehovah to with almighty power to do anything he wants??

• OBVES
    OBVES

The way they write after they left the organization betrays a lot of things and it would be a logical conclusion in view of the latest discoveries from the Bible to think they are under delusion that blinds their minds that they are unable to recoginize what present times we are living according to the Bible. They seem to be hypnotized.They live as if on another planet ; not knowing what advances in the understanding of the Bible were lately made , and that these advances promote Jehovahs Witness views to a large extent.

It is so easy to explain away the prediction date 1975 AD that those who left the organization because of the failed date 1975 AD made a horrible error in leaving !

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

OBVES - Legalchickie asked you a question. Can't you see it as matter of common courtesy to answer her? Or are you too crass and cowardly do so? Her question is a very valid one. She asked you if you have any children. If you do have children, would you stand by idly doing nothing if you saw them in danger? If you saw someone else harming or abusing you children, would you remain passive and indifferent? Imagine a situation where you saw any child (not your own) who was in imminent and immediate danger. What would you do in that case?

I would ask you to kindly respond to these questions. And, when (if) you do so, plase do it in a thoughtful manner, that is to say in good faith, not in the manner of a mindless parrot which simply spews out inane scriptural passages.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    OBVES - Legalchickie asked you a question. Can't you see it as matter of common courtesy to answer her? Or are you too crass and cowardly do so? Her question is a very valid one. She asked you if you have any children. If you do have children, would you stand by idly doing nothing if you saw them in danger? If you saw someone else harming or abusing you children, would you remain passive and indifferent? Imagine a situation where you saw any child (not your own) who was in imminent and immediate danger. What would you do in that case?

I do have children, and I think that it is a good idea for them to sometimes suffer the consequences for their actions in view of the ultimate good that such a lesson will teach them. An unpleasant lesson can safeguard them in bigger things when I am no longer around to guide them.

Danger? It is an illusion. The outcome is not in doubt, the death of the body is not the death of the soul.

God does not remain passive, he has provided for us through his own suffering. He has given us the gift of free will. He will not violate our wills, even if we use them to do evil.

He has acted, He is acting, and He will act. He just does not act in a way we can fully comprehend.

BTS

• OBVES
    OBVES

You don't understand God Yahweh of the Bible ! Christ suffered more than you and your children . If I were to choose sufferings of Christ fallen on me or to live a prosperous life as you do and you show the evidence you are not saved person and you may die tomorrow and that would be your final end once for all the time I would prefer my children sufferring and even dying before they could reach the age like you and find yourself in the situation you are.

Sufferings of children ? It is easy ! No! My sufferings ! I would feel them ! So I would prefer to suffer now and make sure I will live after aI die forever than to be in your situation and not to suffer at all till death and that's would be the end of me forever.

Just where is your logic ? Who would not choose sufferings now for God Yahweh, knowing He is a Life-Giver that can last eternally ?!

You completely don't know who God Yahweh really is. You ignore the passages of the Bible where it shown how great servants of God Yahweh were persecuted and tormented and died cruel death ! No one blamed God Yahweh for that !

Find me in the Bible any God's servant speaking about God as a tyrant ! You will find none ! They knew God enough to stand for Him in any situation.

Suppose we walk along a sea shore and your child is going to drown being eaten by shark and it is beyond your control and satanist is passiing by and tells you if you denounce God of the Bible I will be able still to get to your child and take him out safely to the land .And you must raise your child as an atheist .Would you agree and denounce God ?

If I had a child in the same situation I would reconcile himslef with his fate and stay in my faith in God knowing that my child will come back to life in the future and will live and have a chance to live forever.

You raised your child as an atheist and then comes the time of judgement and your child is gonna die forever and before he dies he will chop your head and hands off from despair for what you did to him by saving him from the sea water back then . Had your child died at that time your child would be raised in the Paradise and have a chance to accept God Yahweh and Jesus and live forever .But it turns out out of your shallow love for your child you chose his temporary life ,not thinking about his eternal future ! You didn't put trust in God Yahweh.

• legalchickie
    legalchickie

Well Rapunzel, it's just more of the same from OBVES. It just reinforces my reasons for leaving the WT. This kind of thinking makes me ill. It is always the same glossing over reality that just amazes me. Always dancing around the real issues on the table.

• dinah
    dinah

WTwizard,

Shift your anger towards the ones who misrepresented God to us in the first place, but trying to speak for him.

I went through a time when I was really, really, pissed at God. But when you step back and look, it's just humans trying to speak for him and failing miserably.

All the blames lays squarely on the organization's shoulders. God was never in it.

You can't hold God accountable for what he never gave permission for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit