Has any Assembly or Convention been cancelled due to bad weather?

by VM44 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Wow, I was going to the assemblies at Veteran's Stadium in the 1980s. I don't remember that one! We alternated between Yankee Stadium, The Meadowlands, and Veteran's Stadium. Maybe I was at another location that time?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Wow, I was going to the assemblies at Veteran's Stadium in the 1980s. I don't remember that one! We alternated between Yankee Stadium, The Meadowlands, and Veteran's Stadium.

Dork ..

Yes, we alternated between those stadiums just as you did. However, we always hated it when we got assigned down to Philly ... it seemed like the worst of the bunch.

I mention the 80's, but it may have been back in the mid-late 70's. All I remember is, it was great giving your butt a day off after sitting on those seats all day.

Rub a Dub

• Plummet
    Plummet

Once about 9 years ago in Corpus Christi, Texas, they canceled the Sunday session because of a Hurricane. It ended up near Brownsville that day. It was kind of exciting to evacuate to San Antonio.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember in 1999 when there was a Great Boasting Session. That was supposed to be in early March. Then we got a blizzard the Thursday before, dumping two feet of snow on us. That Saturday, we got another foot of snow (actually a bit more). They had to cancel both days for snow.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Dork ...

I checked the Rolling Stones touring schedule and the date was actually Saturday, June 17, 1978. That is the only date I see where they were in Philadelphia on a Saturday for only one day. That was it!

So thanks to the Stones, we got a day off!

Rub a Dub

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I dont think admin officially "called" it... but most everyone bugged out of a CA in Kennett MO early Sunday. Big, area wide ice storm was hitting and we all had a ways to get home.

About 1978 or 79.... I was just over there to chase girls that weekend.

Jeff

• iceguy
    iceguy

I remember a few years ago at a CA in Salisbury NC, the 2nd day at lunch they told everyone to go home because it started snowing.

• insearchof
    insearchof

Yeah they do it all the time in Salisbury NC.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

We had an entire two day circut assembly post-poned because of a snow storm. It was either 84 or 85 back when you got 2 two day assemblies a year and one 4 day DC / yr.

We never made up that assembly, they just moved some of the talks to the Sunday meeting schedule. I remember we had a couple of teens that were to be baptized that weekend. They were pissed because they had to wait longer. We had a 6 ft. drift right behind our car port and had to dig our car out. It was pretty bad.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Snow has canceled them here in NYC assembly Halls.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit