Cross is a pagan symbol, watchtower is a pagan symbol too

by Noelle 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Watchtower symbol was on everything!...Halls, contribution boxes...documents, I felt like it was our "cross."

• catbert
    catbert

Who can deny that JW's "blindly adore" and have "excessive devotion" to the "Faithful and discreet slave".
    I had never seen this definition of idolotry before, but it certainly fits well. There is this entity that they
    are convinced that God himself has put into place to channel his spirit through. Its so obvious that it is a form of
    idolotry, by this one definition.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Yes you have researched well, yet many here are not Jehovah's Witnesses but have left and are coming to terms with life as it is now. If anyone wants to start preaching at us telling us that we are wrong, then they should really bear in mind the make up of the people on this site.

I think she mistakenly thought we were pro JWs LOL!

Not only did she not research the site well enough she didnt research her material well at all though - she just cut and pasted from Wiki and didnt cite it - bit dishonest if you ask me!

Gary

• White Dove
    White Dove

My professors didn't allow us to use Wikipoedia as sources for our papers because it changes all the time and is written by anyone, like students whose internet class assignments are to research a topic and post it there. I don't trust Wiki.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Not only did she not research the site well enough she didnt research her material well at all though - she just cut and pasted from Wiki and didnt cite it - bit dishonest if you ask me!

I never even noticed that, lol. I take back what i said about researching well.

Paul

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    My professors didn't allow us to use Wikipoedia as sources for our papers because it changes all the time and is written by anyone, like students whose internet class assignments are to research a topic and post it there. I don't trust Wiki.

Exactly - but in non academic work you would at least be polite (and somewhat honest) enought to cite a source no matter how unreliable it might well be! I initially thought it was an oversight on her part but given her absence I somehow think differently. Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit