Cross is a pagan symbol, watchtower is a pagan symbol too

by Noelle 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Adding to Magick's post... here are some comments from the website that offers the pins that Magick posted:

The merchandise we have purchased is very nice. We, my husband, Bob has had many brothers and sisters comment on his tie bar. We have given many of the friends your website. Now I am ordering them for gifts. Thank-you, Patti Wahl, Lancaster, OH
    - patti wahl

Hi, I just wanted to let you know how much I loved the tie-bars I purchased. It is so nice to have a very appealing, distinguished looking tie-bar to go with our meeting clothes. They are much nicer and better quality than I had originally hoped. I must say too that your shipping rates are VERY reasonable. Fast, inexpensive shipping, great quality, unique and just plain attractive products! Thanks very much! I will be ordering more for my friends. Jim - Indiana

Not only are the pruducts beautiful and functional they have been a means by which I have neen able to informal witness about Jehovah. I have had several people ask me about the meaning of Hebrew letters on the tie chain / bar. Thank you again for your excellent service and beautiful products. Sincerely, Jasen in Florida
    - Jasen

I wore my new yhwh tie tack and wt clip to my special day assembly and it was a hit. I had to order additional ones to give out. It all started because I got a wt tie clip for my bible student who got baptised this past weekend. Thank so much. It's a praise to Jah.
    - Ronald A. Allen

http://www.westcoastclips.com/pages/Testimonials.aspx

Renaia, what do you think? No one uses these?

BTW, You didn't address my comments on the Biblical use of the word Watchtower.....

A@G (of the light is so bright from the WT tie pin you are wearing class)

• Gill
    Gill

Wow! Rather Masonic style jewellery! Is there a ring that is only to be worn by initiates!

Are these only available in the USA or are the trendy 'in' UK WatchTowerites wearing them also?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

As was mentioned before: the SOCIETY, GOVERNING BODY and FDS are idols.They're like the GOLDEN CALF that made Israel stumble.When their lord had not RETURNED, or seemed to be DELAYING, they went and made a "stand-in", a "mediator" if you will.

The very fact that the ORG is considered "GOD'S SOLE CHANNEL ON EARTH" tells us that they have given to the WT what the Bible shows really only belongs to Jesus.They essentially have usurped his position.

"Are you already satisfied? Are you now rich? Have you become kings while we are still nobodies? I wish you were kings. Then we could have a share in your kingdom." 1 Cor.4:8

Children are encouraged to memorize the names of the Governing Body.Bethel is looked upon as a Mecca.The Watchtower magazine as if it's MANNA and NEW LIGHT from GOD.Vacations should be cancelled for a District Conventions.Meetings are viewed as LIFE or DEATH requirements.Those who are not JW's are believed to have no basis for being spared through Armageddon and gaining life. Families are disowned for disagreeing with the Society's teachings.Not the Bible mind you, but WT teachings.On and on the list goes.Though the idolatrous symbol may not be visible to some onlookers, it's distinct form hangs around the neck like an anchor for all who wish to remain a JW.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Adding to Magick's post... here are some comments from the website that offers the pins that Magick posted:

Admittedly though, these are the actions of a few nutjob JWs who clearly have gone over the top - however that being said, it does give some indication as to how the society is reverred whether it is shown openly or whether it is kept behind closed doors!

Gary

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Admittedly though, these are the actions of a few nutjob JWs who clearly have gone over the top - however that being said, it does give some indication as to how the society is reverred whether it is shown openly or whether it is kept behind closed doors!

I have seen quite a "few" JWs with WT symbols on them... so I don't think its that isolated. I posted the comments hoping Renaia will respond... this is a Renaia thread after all, isn't it?

• Sirona
    Sirona

i·dol·a·try alt Audio Help / a?'d?lalt?alttri / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ ahy-dol-uh-tree ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -tries.
    1.the religious worship of idols.
    2.excessive or blind adoration, reverence, devotion, etc.

Number 2 applies to how individuals view the watchtower society. (i.e. "the society says..." therefore we must all follow it)

As for number 1 - this means the worship of an idol itself.....it does NOT mean the USE of religious symbols (whether they be jewellery, statues or otherwise).

The JWs condemn the use of a cross as a symbol. What they don't realise is that people do not worship the actual two pieces of wood which make up the cross image. They worship God but use the cross as a symbol or focus.

On the other hand, JWs have their idolatry in the Watchtower society.

Sirona

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I have seen quite a "few" JWs with WT symbols on them... so I don't think its that isolated. I posted the comments hoping Renaia will respond... this is a Renaia thread after all, isn't it?

LOL I had no idea they were that popular - I wouldntve been seen dead with one of those even when I was heavily indoctrinated. I cant help but think that most of these sorts of things are like an expression of identity for people who sincerely lack it, primarily because their own identity has become irrelevant and meaningless in the face of the god that is the watchtower.

Gary

• Gill
    Gill

To a certain extent the jewellery reminds me of the 'leather bindings' that the certain 'in crowd' JWs would use for their bibles, song books etc.

It is, as Gary says, a form of identification just as the NO BLOOD Key fobs are and other 'we are different and SPECIAL' Identification measures of dubbies.

Sad really, that, apart from the jewellery, my parents have all these dubbie IDs. They can't see that their absolute devotion and dedication to the Watchtower is no different to any other worship of idols that they claim to detest.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

You all Jehovah Witnesses that said Jesus didn't die on a cross but on a stake your wrong because the Romans were pagans and what better way to crucify someone than on a pagan symbol. I have a fact that you need to listen to as well, the watchtower which you symbolize is a pagan symbol as well. Oh no how can that be you ask, well let me tell you.

I get annoyed when people come here to start preaching at us.

Yes you have researched well, yet many here are not Jehovah's Witnesses but have left and are coming to terms with life as it is now. If anyone wants to start preaching at us telling us that we are wrong, then they should really bear in mind the make up of the people on this site.

Paul

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I wouldntve been seen dead with one of those even when I was heavily indoctrinated

haha guess what...i had one

what an idiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit