Just ONE shred of Evidence?

by Honesty 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

According to the Watchtower Society, the appointment was made in 1919. C.T. Russell was not appointed to anything, because he died (1916) prior to Christ’s appointment. His writings were, however examined by Christ; according to the Watchtower. Knorr was not anyone of influence in 1919. The Governing Body had not yet been instituted.

So, the question is - is there any evidence that Rutherford and the board were appointed? It’s interesting that when we examine any kind of divine appointments to specific lofty positions in the Bible, we see that there were always supernatural phenomenon to make it known to other people.

This was certainly the case with Moses, Aaron, and the priesthood. (Mt. Sinai, smoke, God’s voice, clouds, lightening, etc.). Christ’s anointing was followed with God’s own voice and the dove of the Holy Spirit at his baptism. There was observable supernatural phenomenon when Christ appointed Paul.

Some kind of scriptural precedent should apply when it comes to those claiming the office of Christ's Faithful Steward and Jehovah’s channel of communication to the entire earth, should it not? What do we have with the Watchtower Society? Well . . . they told us they were. Followed up with several embarrasing false prophecies, discarded teachings, and a scrap heap of "old light".

I would say that the phenomenon (or lack thereof) speaks for itself.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    hmmm, pass the cryptonite please. Jesus Christ performed many miracles upon the earth. What is it you think the faithful slave might have as a gift?

How about the ability to drink deadly poison and not get hurt at all, and the ability to place their hands on sick people, and heal them? Mark 16:15-20

Once they start healing amputees with a mere touch, they'll have my attention.

" 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

• flipper
    flipper

No evidence that they were appointed by anybody - other than themselves

• oompa
    oompa

I like your thoughts there Jememy C.

I guess the dubs would say the evidence is the sucessful job they have done as the only ones preacing gods kindom worldwide as the answer to mans problems. That is a pretty good accomplishment for a bunch of simple men....but that is about all it is............oompa

• jwblog
    jwblog
    So, the question is - is there any evidence that Rutherford and the board were appointed? It’s interesting that when we examine any kind of divine appointments to specific lofty positions in the Bible, we see that there were always supernatural phenomenon to make it known to other people.

I would say that this supernatural phenomena would be the arrival of Jesus Christ would it not?

Jesus Christ was present during the time that the w.t.s. said he was. When the nations worldwide were at war like in world war I and II. However the Kingdom had not been born at that time. When did this occur?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Jesus Christ was present during the time that the w.t.s. said he was.

Being that he was invisible, I guess we'll have to take their word for that.

• jwblog
    jwblog
    Being that he was invisible, I guess we'll have to take their word for that.

He arrives like a thief in the night (unseen) and yes it does occur in heaven. God has to place the enemies of Jesus Christ as his footstool and war takes place in the heavens. We cannot see this but we can compare it to what is happening upon the earth.

Who is the wild beast that attacks the holy ones (the remnant) in the end time?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

So you're using as 'evidence' an event for which there is no evidence? Now I understand.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    So you're using as 'evidence' an event for which there is no evidence? Now I understand.

Maybe he "feels" the evidence.

• jwblog
    jwblog
    So you're using as 'evidence' an event for which there is no evidence? Now I understand

Please be a little more explanatory. I have no idea what you mean. I do not want to highjack this thread and please understand that I am not making an attempt to prove the w.t.s. is the faithful and discreet slave.

The F.D.S. comes to be when Jesus takes his throne and wars against those in the heavens. Revelations chapter 12 explains the war that takes place when satan is cast down to the vicinity of the earth. The powers of the heavens were shaken and like in the days of noah many floods would occur. Many signs around the world if you know where to look.

The nations will trample on the "holy land" which is where? The Middle East correct?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit