What would keep you in?

by DisconnectingDrone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DisconnectingDrone
    DisconnectingDrone

For those still "in" but looking for an exit, what changes to current practices/teaching would make you decide to stay "in" ?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well, I'm not in. But I was!

What would keep me in? If they Governing Body went before all the congregations and apologized to every member, and all resigned. Then went to the media and apologized.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

One of the big reasons I stay in is the shunning policy but ironically if they changed that I could leave!

The blood issue too.

But, now I know the whole thing is a sham I see myself leaving at some point anyhow.

Mickey.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If they decided to totally surrender their beliefs and switch to a Good Deed organization,
    I might consider staying.

I mean that they would have to abandon every teaching that they are God's channel.
    And the chain of command would have to turn upside down. Since the higher one went,
    the more fooled they were, it would not do for the former leaders and middle managers
    to continue leading and managing.

So the leaders of the Good Deed organization would be the faders and former DF'ed, DA'ed
    ones. The GB would have no say-so in what deeds we did. The elders and C.O.'s would
    have little to say.

Oh, the name would have to change. Perhaps we could use a symbol like the WT has
    and be called the "Good Deed Doers Formerly Known as The Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses."
    Instead of carrying a message from the Bible door-to-door, we could actually see what
    things people needed to have done. We could mow the lawns of elderly people. We could
    clean up the parks and streets.

And whenever the former Governing Body members were sleeping, especially on Saturday
    morning, we would assign people to go wake them up.

• yknot
    yknot

.........ahh fantasy land......

Scrap everything doctrinally except for the 3 cores because most of us really believe and are content with them.

Call Ray up and appologize, get him to preside over a committee to comb through the bible and come up with interpretations that are honest, accurate and that doesn't compromise the integrity of the message to benefit some male ego or plan to profit. Follow the Christ.

Pedophiles are a difficult issues for all walks of society, sadly because of the threat they pose clear markings identifying such a person to fellow congregants are needed. I realize the fine line that spiritually must be walked. Salvation is not ours to judge, but in keeping with Caesar, lifetime registration and designation are a good idea for these individuals.

Expand the ministry to include specific outreaches (childrens, mens, womens, older ones). Respect Christian freedom. Make the DCs fun again by bringing back food, and organizing a 'field trip' either around the city or to an amusement park, zoo, museum or such.......Yea thousands of JWs storming Sea World or Fiesta Texas.

We currently have the means ($$), the manpower (sisterpower too) to accomplish the task.

Incorporating much of what OTWO said above

Okay that was a nice trip down ain't gonna happen lane.......

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sorry the title of this thread make me LOL. Arrgg-maggeddon wouldnk keep me in.alt

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

I wish they would completely get rid of 607 bc and 1914, 1918 dates, highly unlikely as the majority of their supposed authority hinges on those false dates. Also i would love for them to tone down Jehovahs Great Day of Wrath, armegaeden is right around the corner rethoric, as all of the armegeadon talk makes me depressed. I hate being depressed but it seems that it is an epidemic in most of the Kingdom Halls Ive been in. For a time I took pills in order to keep me afloat. So I try to avoid WT`s or BS`s that deal heavily with Gods Wrath and Anger. I much prefer topics of love and compassion - as it is the main idea throughout the Bible.

I love the fact that I dont celebrate christmas, birthdays, holidays, most holidays now have been so commercialized so that it keeps us buying stuff we dont need in order to keep the economy going.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with IPPY:

Arrgg-maggeddon wouldnk keep me in.

changeling :)

• asilentone
    asilentone

If they did not control how much I associate with the world, I would probably stay as JW.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

They could change everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, boredom done me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit