What would keep you in?

by DisconnectingDrone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If I didn't have to attend meetings, go out in service, read any of their crap, or associate with any of them, I guess I could stay under those circumstances.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It would take a much more liberal approach on their part.

They would have to do away with df.

Holidays OK.

No competitive FS.

National pride OK.

Must butt out of individuals' bizzyness.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Blook issue must become a non-issue.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I forgot one of the most important things: EQUALIZE THE SISTERS WITH THE BROTHERS IN MATTERS OF PRIVILEDGES AND SERVICE! The way it is demoralized women horribly. We may not want to do extra work, but the way it is really disrespects us. We would be willing to do what it takes to make a healthy and happy congregation. That can't happen if most of the congregation is ignored. The large army are going out without weapons.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm not in....even if they changed everything and stood on their heads I wouldn't go back. I'm done with that part of my journy and have moved on.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

1) If they started community outreach programs.

2) Celebrate some holidays. You know my Dad has never received a father's day gift from any of children until last year when I gave him a father's day gift. I gave it to him two weeks in advance and with a funny thank-you card instead of a father's day card to minimize suspicions. Same thing with his birthday. How sad is that? I did the same with my mom this year.

3)Openly allow their members to vote.

4)Stop collecting field service time.

• oompa
    oompa

Maybe....If bras for banned for da sistas, and only tube tops and spagetti strap dresses were mandatory..............maybe.......oompa

really....bye...we are the only ones right and have all the answers

bye.....df and shunning

bye.....door to door

bye....judgementalism...any form (opens up a lot of stuff!)

bye....child baptism...(just in case)

bye....expected meeting attendance

bye....no premarital sex

wow....sound unitarian now!

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Hell freezing over might stop me leaving.

Oh wait.

Nope, not even that. :-)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Had they kept their promise to me that they would help me meet the opposite sex and enjoy it TO THE FULL, then I would have stayed in. That would have created a situation where I would be justified in staying in something I did not believe in for other reasons.

However, when they blew that one, they took all the value out of staying. They now have a situation where it is better for me to leave, whether or not they are right. So, now I am an apostate.

Nice going, witlesses!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Shamus:

What would keep me in? If they Governing Body went before all the congregations and apologized to every member, and all resigned. Then went to the media and apologized.

You forgot the next and most important step. They should douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves ablaze on national television.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit