Biblical evidence against 1914

by Kosonen 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

In God´s holy word the bible you can find evidence that God´s Kingdom was not established in 1914. And according to the prophecies it will be estblished later in the future. And we can not calculate the time point. In Acts 1:7 the apostles asked " Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?" And in the next verse he said to them: It does not belong to you to know times or appointed times which the Father has placed under his own authority. So, Jesus did not give any hope that we could calculate when God´s Kingdom will be established.

At the bookstudy we have also learnt about 3 woes, wich give more evidence that God´s kingdom is not yet established in heaven. We have learnt that we live in the time of the second woe, caused by the cavalry of two myriads of myriads. (Revelation 9:12-11:14) That is at the time when also the other sheep are spreading the kingdom message. This time period is quite long. This even causes a feeling of delay.( Revelation 10:6,7) The first woe brought locusts, wich symbolise anointed cristians in their symbolic 5 month preaching campain. But remark that according to the prophesy, the 3:rd woe comes with the establishement of the kingdom of God.( Revelation 11:14,15) After that the real catastrophy begins, the 3:rd woe. Satan will be hurled down to the earth.(Rev. chapter 12) That is, I believe the great tribulation before Armageddon.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    That is at the time when also the other sheep are spreading the kingdom message.

I've never seen where the expression "other sheep" appears in Revelation. Which text is that?

At John 10:16 when Jesus mentions the Other sheep, he was talking about Gentile converts to Christianity (Eph2:11-20).

Welcome to the board.

A@G

BTW, everyone here knows that the entire book of Revelation is all fulfilled in the 20th century Watchtower Society. Isn't that amazing?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Welcome to the board Kosonen.

You will learn alot here. I have learnt that the very date of 607BCE for Jeruselems destruction, which is how the 1914 date is calculated, is wrong. Jeruselem was destroyed in 587BCE, only JW's claim 607BCE, nobody else. Therefore on JW's own teachings 1914 is wrong.

Google it and you will see.

Paul

• JCanon
    JCanon
    In God´s holy word the bible you can find evidence that God´s Kingdom was not established in 1914. And according to the prophecies it will be estblished later in the future. And we can not calculate the time point. In Acts 1:7 the apostles asked " Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?" And in the next verse he said to them: It does not belong to you to know times or appointed times which the Father has placed under his own authority. So, Jesus did not give any hope that we could calculate when God´s Kingdom will be established.

Note: When the kingdom is set up, Satan is kicked down to the earth. There is an interval between when the kingdom is set up in heaven and when it is set up in the earth.

YOU have to determine whether Acts is a reference to when the kingdom is set up in heaven and when it is set up in the earth.

Basically, the date of the kingdom in heaven, when Satan is kicked out is what the chronology prophecies are for and is the dated second coming. But that is not when Christ actually begins his rule in the earth. So basically ARMAGEDDON is not dated, that is what is within God's jurisdiction. But the year of the second coming is linked to lots of chronology.

So Acts, which is about when the kingdom comes to the earth is unknown, but the date of the second coming IS.

JC

• jwblog
    jwblog

At the bookstudy we have also learnt about 3 woes, wich give more evidence that God´s kingdom is not yet established in heaven. We have learnt that we live in the time of the second woe, caused by the cavalry of two myriads of myriads. (Revelation 9:12-11:14) That is at the time when also the other sheep are spreading the kingdom message. This time period is quite long. This even causes a feeling of delay.( Revelation 10:6,7) The first woe brought locusts, wich symbolise anointed cristians in their symbolic 5 month preaching campain. But remark that according to the prophesy, the 3:rd woe comes with the establishement of the kingdom of God.( Revelation 11:14,15) After that the real catastrophy begins, the 3:rd woe. Satan will be hurled down to the earth.(Rev. chapter 12) That is, I believe the great tribulation before Armageddon.

Revelations chapter 12 describes the 911 attacks does it not?

• asilentone
    asilentone

jwblog, Rev 12 talks about 9/11 attacks???

• jwblog
    jwblog
    jwblog, Rev 12 talks about 9/11 attacks???

Yes it does I will follow up on this at another time. Revelation talks about a wild beast that misled the nations. Who might that be? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24848910/

Ex-press aide writes Bush misled U.S. on Iraq

McClellan says in new book that White House used propaganda to sell war

• JCanon
    JCanon

Welcome to the board Kosonen.

You will learn alot here. I have learnt that the very date of 607BCE for Jeruselems destruction, which is how the 1914 date is calculated, is wrong. Jeruselem was destroyed in 587BCE, only JW's claim 607BCE, nobody else. Therefore on JW's own teachings 1914 is wrong.

Google it and you will see.

Paul

Hi Dig. If 607 BCE is wrong so is 587 BCE because BOTH are based on the "pivotal date" of 539 BCE for the fall of Babylon. The Persians revised their chronology when Xerxes faked his own death and used his throne name, "Artaxerxes" to claim he was a different king. The Persians were brilliant and paid Greek historians to write their history to fool the Greeks, namely, Herodotus and Xenophon. Ever wonder why the major Greek historians always write about Persian history in such detail. Likely the Jews helped, but the Persians pull one over on the Greeks. Later though, the revised timeline remained popular with the Jews, likely to effectively attempt to deny Jesus Christ was not the promised messiah. You can follow the revisions if you bother to look. In the meantime, if you strictly follow the Bible, everything points to Cyrus fulfilling the beginning of the 70 weeks which dates the 1st of Cyrus to 455 BCE. FUNNY TO ME, the VAT4956 has both the dates of 568 BCE and 511 BCE for year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar. That would ordinarily make no sense, unless the test was attempting to hide a reference to the original chronology that had been changed. If so, if we make that assessment, AND, if the Bible is truly accurate in dating the 1st of Cyrus in 455 BCE, then the 511 BCE dating should fit the relative chronology of the Bible which inserts 70 years from the LAST DEPORTATION until the first of Cyrus, thus dating year 23 of Nebuchadnezzar to 525 BCE. Guess what? If year 23 falls in 525 BCE then year 37 falls in 511 BCE. Thus that explains why you have the double-dating in the VAT4956 and all these contradictions. So you really haven't LEARNED anything if you still date the fall of Jerusalem to 587 BCE because that has been confirmed to be a revised spurious date as much as 539 BCE is. In 1913, Martin Anstey in his "Romance of Bible Chronology" pointed out an 82-year extended Persian Period. We now know where to subtract those years and restore the 1st of Cyrus to 455 BCE. So all is well for the astute. JC

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks JC.

You have mentioned there was a revised Jewish timeline but have not given any evidence for such. I admit that i not a bible scholar, but have taken 587BCE as the date, based upon Zedekiah's elevenths year reign and also Nebuchadnezzars reign starting in 605BCE. From what i have read most scholars dispute between 586 and 587BCE, but i have never heard of anything different.

As i have said i am not a bible scholar but if you say that there are two Jewish timelines i would like to see the evidence for such, rather that just you saying so. I am open minded and if there is evidence i would be interested to see it. Also if there are two timelines, how do you know which one is the correct one to take? Most academics must take the original was as the true one if they point to 586 or 587 as the date for the fall of Jerusalem.

Going back to what i originally said though, was to inform the new poster that the JW's do have it wrong with 607BCE.

Saying that i haven't learnt anything is a very condescending line to take.

Paul

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Ive done a bit of research over the last hour or so, particularly with reference to VAT4956.

It seems to me that that are lots of secular discrepencies over the dates of the fall of Jerusalem and i would be very interested to research further over the forthcoming days. Any info you have JC would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit