Hmmmn..Intresting Convo with my DAD last NIGHT

by dirtyknections 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• dirtyknections
    dirtyknections

Jadon....

THe problem with your logic...is that you ASSUME the information YOU have gathered into YOUR storehouse
    will save lives...thats contrary totally to what Gods word the bible says...

2 Timothy 3:16 says, "all SCRIPTURE is inspired"...Ephesians 5:6, says to "let no man decieve you with empty words"...John 3:16 further lets me know that only Gods' provision of his sons ransom sacrifice can save us...so you can trust and follow in "Jadon's storehouse of info" if you like... I only follow Christ..

You should be careful, the bible says do not lean upon your on understanding...Gods' word is the only guide for us...Adam and Eve trusted in the devils "storehouse of info" and look where it got them..

Be careful that a serpent hasn't guided you to forbiden fruit...the consumption of that type of "fruit" can has everlasting repercussions

• changeling
    changeling

Great post! I agree. JW's are not learning they are assimilating information dispensed by the WT.

changeling :)

• pmouse
    pmouse

*sniff sniff* I smell a troll.

• parakeet
    parakeet

dirtyknections wrote: "You should be careful, the bible says do not lean upon your on understanding...Gods' word is the only guide for us...Adam and Eve trusted in the devils "storehouse of info" and look where it got them."

I may have to back off a little on my previous praise of your initial post. If you're a college- or university-trained educator, yet you still believe in the fairy tale above, then something's not making sense. However, I'll wait for further posts before commenting further.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Excellent example of how to teach.

I am continually surprised now that I do research to find how little I knew as a JW. I had great knowledge of Watchtower teachings, but did not know the surounding information. This leads to guilliblity into easily believing false information, because of not digging into other beliefs.

• Honesty
    Honesty

6 million JW's can't be wrong

CAN THEY?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jadon,

You searched for truth in all the wrong places if you spent 30 years trying to prove the JW's wrong only to find out they are right.

You should have used a Bible.

It proves the JW's wrong at every strobe of their NOO LIGHT.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Hi Dirtyk's - I remember reading some time ago a thread that focused on the very issue that you bring up. Basically, the modus operendi of the Watchtower organization is a very planned one. The typical Watchtower "study" did not arise or develop by chance, The organization definitely does not want to encourage independent thinking. Quite on the contrary, the Society wants to indoctrinate and regiment the "publishers." You know the typical question and automatic answer routine as well as anyone. As you also know, the "method" used in the weekly Watchetower magazine study and the book study is the same as that used when a person is studying to be a Witness. The method of study is the same.

This method is purposely mind-numbing and is designed to induce a semi-hypnotic mental state in those participating. The intention is diametrically opposed to fostering independent or critical thought. This was the point of the thread that I mentioned above. In fact, this thread mentioned how the techniques used by the Witnesses have themselves been studied by psychologists. These techniques are a sort of brain-washing.

I am sure that this thread was posrted here on this discussion board. This board has a "search" feature. Perhaps this thread or similar threads could be found. Maybe you could search using the terms - "book study, hypnosis; psychologists." The thread appeared within this past year.

In any case, the various "studies" were purposely designed to be as they are. They are intended as a brain-washing technique.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Now lets say you spent 50 years researching material and you have gathered a storehouse of information.

Jadon -

First, when you look at the WTS publications, they rarely give citations for their "research" when they quote non-WTS sources. This is generally because they are knowingly quoting out of context and don't want to leave an easy trail for others to follow. The WTS does not hold itself to high standards of research. The storehouse of information they have is useless if not researched and applied properly.

Second, just so you're forewarned, you're not going to be able to convert anyone on this board to JW thinking. Everyone here pretty much has had the blinders taken off and sees the WTS for what it truly is. Hopefully, you will too, very soon.

Have you watched any of V's videos on YouTube yet?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

excellent thread - I will look forward to part 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit