Who to Send a Disassociation Letter To?

by WTWizard 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Any elder will do, at his home address. I assume that at least one of them is listed in Infospace.com.

*** km 1/06 p. 7 Announcements ***As a reminder, the return address of the branch office should never be used on any personal correspondence. This includes all letters and items of literature that are mailed to give a witness to interested people, to not-at-homes, or to those who live in inaccessible places. A publisher may wish to use his personal return address, since his ministry involves his personal service to God. (Matt. 28:19, 20; Rom. 10:14, 15) However, if he feels that it would be unwise to use his own return address when witnessing by letter, he may use his name and the return address of the Kingdom Hall.—See the May 2002 OurKingdomMinistry Question Box.

I wonder if this is the WTS directive, how a publisher could use the return address of the Kingdom Hall if no mail is received there?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The last KH I attended had a mail box.

Just send the letter to me. I will read it the next time I'm at the hall.

• tfjw
    tfjw

The KH I attended last didn't have a mail box. I had my original notarized (which wasn't really necessary), then I made several copies. Sent the original to Bethel, a copy to each elder in the local KH, the pioneers, various regular publishers, copies to some of the preachers of the bigger churches in the area, and a few to family members.

All mail was certified with signature required upon receipt.

That was probably over doing it though but I wanted to get the word out.

I receieved a visit from three elders about the matter. I remember the PO saying, "Well, we'll have to talk to the Society about this because there isn't anything we can do at the moment." It was announced about a month later and I never heard back from them and then I moved from that town and state. I have heard from some of the publishers and one of the pioneers who later left the Society.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

you could always slip it under the door of the KH or stick it in the door as you would with a tract.

• fresia
    fresia

Address your letter to the presiding overseer at the last congregation you attended, send one to bethel and keep a copy. If you have anyone in the congregation that you can trust send them a copy of your letter stating the reasons why as it will be left up to the b/s to figure out, sometimes its taken personally.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While it will cost some postage, why take a chance?

Send a letter to every member of your congregation and to the C.O.
    Make sure the DA part is toward the end so they have to read the letter.

Otherwise, the cheap way- any elder's home address. Preferrably, the
    most sympathetic elder who might actually read every word instead of
    scanning for the "I no longer wish..." part.

• tfjw
    tfjw

There are many examples on the internet of disassociation letters. Do a google search for the phrase disassociation letter and it will turn up several results that could be used for examples. Maybe we need a list of those links here for others in the links section.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Thanks for the information. I am pretty sure that, with the newbies on the forum (many of whom want to send a disassociation letter but do not know who to send it to) will benefit. Hopefully this will help people that are ready to disassociate to do so without wasting time and money getting a letter to where it will do no good.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I called Brooklyn Bethel's Serve Us Department and told them my full name and congregation #.

Then I said that the FDS is a False Prophet and "I quit."

The local elders got the message in less than 24 hours.

• sosad
    sosad

I am tempted to send a bunch signed with various names, real cong names of course and bombard the local KH's and Bethel. What would they do with thousands and thousands of DA letters turning up, signed palusible (not actual) names, from actual congregations? anyone want to join me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit