Who to Send a Disassociation Letter To?

by WTWizard 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If I am going to send a disassociation letter, I am wondering which hounder to send it to. I know there is no mailboxes at the Kingdumb Hell, so any letters that get sent there would end up dead mail. And I know that one does not send them to the Washtowel Slaveholdery. Thus, I wonder if one must send it to the lead hounder, or if sending it to any hounder would do.

This information might help anyone else that has faded and wishes at some point to disassociate (for instance, ones that faded for family that are either dead now or all out). Obviously, the washtowel slaveholdery is not clear on who to send the letter to, since obviously they do not want people to disassociate.

I realize there are plenty of places that offer advice on what to put in a disassociation letter, such as Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses and Freeminds. However, without mailboxes on Kingdumb Hells, it is confusing where to send the letters to. I don't want to see people waste their postage and letter writing time sending one of those things to the wrong address, to the Kingdumb Hells (where it would in all likelihood become dead mail), or find out that the hounders are going to set up a Second-Guessing Call to hound or even physically recapture the person in lieu of upholding the disassociation. I found out that, in another thread, a brother had the job to form a committee to discuss a disassociation letter because they were not to take them seriously.

Or, maybe the letters go to the A$$embly Hells in the name of the congregation that you were affiliated with?

• Tara
    Tara

I probably didn't do it right, but in 1996 I taped mine to the front door of the KH.....addressed the envelope "Elders".

• garybuss
    garybuss

Send it to the religion editor of the largest nearby daily newspaper.

That should do it.

Be sure to thank the editor.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I just addressed the envelope to the Kingdom Hall that I attended. I was announced two weeks later.

However, if you want the people to know the exact reason why ... send a few to those people (non-elders) BEFORE you submit it to the KH.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I just addressed the envelope to the Kingdom Hall that I attended.

Which might work if your Kingdumb Hell had a mailbox. Mine doesn't.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The cong has to have some means of getting mail. The society must send letters, and other information to the elders. If it doesn't go directly to the kingdom hall, than it has to go to one of the elders, presumably the PO. My advice would be to simply send it to him.

• RR
    RR

Mail two letters via certified mail with signature confirmation to the local body of elders and the Governiong Body.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Secretary, PO, and to the main gossipper.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Which might work if your Kingdumb Hell had a mailbox. Mine doesn't.

It probably automatically goes to a post office box number, just address it to the hall address anyway.....

By the way...............I recall you last week or so telling me to send two letters, one to disassociate and you haven't even done it you stinker!

h4o

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

Why can't we send them to Bethel? Don't they keep records on us there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit