Even old people need to be put in their place!

by LouBelle 74 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

You could be right. I have always had respect for older people. About "fatty," how would you describe them? Non nondescript person number 2?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Lou Belle, that little old lady, could have been my mother-in-law!!!! If it had been my MIL, and you calling her out on it, and making it a point to tell her that she was being rude, would have maybe helped my life.

But alas, you are there, and I am here. I would like to think, that your old lady has an overweight daughter-in-law too. She may have benefited from your comments!!!

Congrats, on your helping mankind!!!! (and Womankind)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Today, at a park restaurant, this old lady saw a young fat lady walking past and started making fun of her with her friends. The fat young lady saw this and I could see the look of hurt on her face. I couldn't help myself,

I would have said, "The last time a little old lady said something like that to me, I sat on her."

• BFD
    BFD

Oh dear god, LouBelle! I only read your opening post. It reminded me of when I would take my adopted Grama to the market or where ever. She was mostly deaf so when she made her comments about over weight people she was really loud about it. Plus, she also suffered from a bit of demetia so she couldn't understand what she was doing was embarrassing. Sometimes old people say whatever the f*ck they want and the best you can do is grim and bear it.

I could try and put Grama in her place all day long but, I might as well talk to the walls! She had no clue, God rest her soul.

BFD

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Good for you Loubelle for confronting her!! There is no sense in people being cruel. I always tell my son you never know what a person's situation is, they could have some kind of illness and are on medication that causes weight gain or other abnormalties, but they are still a person with feelings. No one deserves to be teased and laughed at because of their appearance.

• horrible life
    horrible life

My Mother-in-Law is 86 years old. Weighs 100 pounds wet. Eats it up, when people say she looks like a sister to her 63 year old daughter. Takes off her glasses, and puts on a huge grin, when someone wants to take her picture. She is never at a lose, to tell someone how to do something, or how to think.

She makes rude comments all of the time. There is NOTHING wrong with her mind. She is sharp as a tack!!

I don't care how old she is. Someone needs to tell her that things she says, hurts. Her family can't or won't. She has all but alienated my 16 year old daughter, with her rude and insensitive comments. For example, 2 months ago, I pointed at my daughters new haircut, and asked her how she liked it. She said she liked it longer.

My daughter needed a lift. She had been a little in the dumps. She needed a small makeover. Only cut 3 inches off, and it still hit her shoulders. Not a drastic change!!! Her grandmother couldn't even give her a smile and a thumbs up. Bitch.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    About "fatty," how would you describe them? Non nondescript person number 2?

If it's just a person walking down the street minding their own business, what reason would you have to point them out and describe them at all?

The point is, that according to Lou Belle, she was not simply describing her, as in "see that fat lady by the hot dog stand, I really like her jacket." She was laughing at and making fun of her within her hearing and others!

Cog

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I don't care how old she is. Someone needs to tell her that things she says, hurts. Her family can't or won't.

Want me to come sit on her?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    If it's just a person walking down the street minding their own business, what reason would you have to point them out and describe them at all?

I was talking about my use of the term. There are three main characters in the story. Fat woman, the poster, and the old woman. To discuss this situation, we must distinguish them. Since fat and female are the only descriptors given us by the poster, how would you distinguish the characters? That was the import of my question.

• horrible life
    horrible life

What would be a convenient time for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit