Even old people need to be put in their place!

by LouBelle 74 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Today, at a park restaurant, this old lady saw a young fat lady walking past and started making fun of her with her friends. The fat young lady saw this and I could see the look of hurt on her face. I couldn't help myself, I got up went to the old lady and told her she was being hurtful and childish considering her age, and she should grow up! People can be so mean. Incenses me!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sadly, some people never grow up.

I admire the manner in which you confronted the older woman about her cruelty. At least it put a stop to that particular incident.

• llbh
    llbh

Good for you Loubelle, that sort of abuse is horrid i hope that the person was suitably ashamed

I would add that we challnege this sort of behaviour when is done by people of any any age

Regards David

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Nice one Lou

Yep, some people just never grow up. Of course they might have their own 'baggage' which causes them to behave in that way and until they recognise that and deal with it, the 'child' continues to rule. Hopefully your intervention might have made something 'click' in this lady.

• changeling
    changeling

My 84 year old mother hates fat people. She would never openly make fun of them (she's too prim and proper), but she hates them nonetheless.

changeling :)

• Casper
    Casper

That's so Cool, Loubelle,

I hate cruelty in any form. So glad you told her off...!!!

Cas

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

I view "old" people as teenagers in wrinkly bodies.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Me too!

I see old people as teenagers in wrinkly bodies...

I wonder what I will do when I am old?

I never make fun of fat or skinny people.(In real life ) Too many people can't help what they look like. I have been both fat and skinny and got teased for both..doesn't matter. If the person is illmannered and cruel, they will tease you about anything..

Snoozy...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Age had nothing to do with it. Some people are just plain cruel and senseless.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Old people are often just unhappy that they lived this long and lost their youth. So they take it out on others! I work in a call center and 80% of my calls are angry old people wanting something for nothing and complaining about everything. I hate them all!!!! Sorry if that oftens people, but I only hate the ones who do as I described. The others, they're okay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit