WT: "Now the time to obey"

by tfjw 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

My mom got sucked in to this in 1969. She really thought the end would come soon. She always believed that she would never die and live right into the New System. "Millions now living will never die" she thought. Now she is 82 years old and in bad health. It is so sad to see her still clinging to this crap. The WTS has IMO stolen much of her adult life knocking on doors spreading this BS for years. I will never forgive the Cult for this disappointment of dreams.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Ha Ha...I always find those old quotes fascinating. Of course, for those of us who consider ourselves "believers in God," when was it NOT time to obey? The silliness of time-based fear chronology as a motivation for obedience has always been second-rate. It ranks right up there on the sincerity scale with a confession AFTER one has been caught in the act.

The whole thing reminds me of the neighborhood bully who gets his kicks by teasing and/or abusing little kids. First he yanks them this way..and then that way - until the kids get tired of being yanked around and don't want to play anymore. They realize that it doesn't matter what a bully says...the fact that he's a bully is enough. The questions remain:

1. Why did/do/will people support that kind of behavior for ANY length of time? After all, WE were/are/will be the watchtower, and

2. If you are a "bought-in" type person, has leaving the watchtower resolved THAT issue?

Capiche?

Nothin' like a little therapy to help set the mind straight.

Carlos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit