Anyone going to the convention this weekend?

by cinnamon1642 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

Just wondering if anyone was going to one of the conventions that start this weekend in the US? If so it'd be interesting if it was recorded and could be posted to hear if there are any other new changes and to confirm previous announcements regarding it.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I will be going.
    Not sure if I will be able to record it though.
    I don't have any type of recording device.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i personally am not, but today i spoke with a younger "bro" who is headed out with his family for green bay.... i suspect that i might get a synopsis and a newly released publication, altho they know i am not going back..... just havent said anything that would get me labeled as a poztate... yet

• cab1000
    cab1000

I am not, however, I spoke to my step-father today, and he is going. It will be Friday Saturday and Sunday. I thought it would have been better if they made it Saturday, Sunday and Monday, because of the holiday.

The convention is is a different town than I went to when growing up. He said that there are limited hotels, and the brothers are being asked to drive if they live less than 50 miles from the convention. He said he had the choice to spend a hundred dollars a day on hotels, or on gas, and he chose gas.

That's all I have.....

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

Meta... Do you have the ability to scan a copy of the new releases and post it?

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

I love conventions, gonna check one out this summer in the UK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

No.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

OTWO

Are we to assume that conventions are not your idea of fun?

What is wrong with you man? Where else are you going to get your spiritual banquet of joy?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No way Jose, I am headed to Cancun on Saturday.

Ours were usually scheduled for the first weekend in July. Not going then either.

But have fun all who are going! I'll be thinking of you while I am in the swimming pool bar!

momz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The day I go to another one of those wastefests will be the day the hounders physically carry me into the building and keep me from walking out or doing something to disrupt it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit