Anyone going to the convention this weekend?

by cinnamon1642 16 Replies latest jw friends

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I actually skipped last year's DC without anyone noticing. My wife and kids went without me. I played the "work" card.

Hopefully I can pull it off again, but maybe not.

I have always especially hated DC's.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

NO........

They always schedule the ones here for July 4th weekend. What a way to waste a vacation weekend!!! Haven't gone in years and I've even saved my son from having to go and spend that weekend with his JW father this year!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ummm, uhhh, hmmm, no I don't want to get food poisoning

• Robert7
    Robert7
    They always schedule the ones here for July 4th weekend.

I went to the same DC location as babygirl, and not only did they schedule this every July 4th weekend:

- The one-day special day has been literally 2 weeks after the DC! EVERY year! Talk about burnout

- The two-day has always been over the Christmas weekend. Talk about screwing up your free time.

I voiced my opinion that there is no way that logistically you can't schedule all 3 assemblies to be evenly spread out, even with all the other circuits, and not always land on the worst weekends every year. I was quickly told not to question the organization. So I'm not going :)

• Mincan
    Mincan

If anyone wants to get me in Niagara Falls and bring me with them to one of the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium ones I can bring some herbal products that we can take combust and inhale the resulting smoke and then this will lead to us having a lot of fun at said convention in Kitchener... call me... pm me. I'd love to go with some in Ontario. :)

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

If the convention is on the beach at the Hamptons...I'll be there.

• still_in74
    still_in74

3 weeks from now for me...

I am NOT looking forward to it. Although I will probably take notes this time for the first time in my life!!!!! Funny how that happens eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit