Witness suicide in Anderson, Indiana???

by nsrn 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nsrn
    nsrn

Check out this sad, sad obituary and picture in my local newspaper. The body was found after 5 days in the river by a fisherman. Police are 'investigating' but no headlines about homicide. I suspect suicide or accidental death while intoxicated, just based on local rumor. I have not had an opportunity to ask any local active witness about this boy.

Why would a family put a 'my space' style picture like that in the obituary?!?!?! I look at it and see a desperation barely hidden behind wild attention seeing...but I don't know anything about him. Does anyone else?

www.legacy.com/heraldbulletin/Obituaries/asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonID110080639

news article:

www.heraldbulletin.com/local/local_story_140195748.html

• nsrn
    nsrn

If the link doesn't work go to legacy.com and enter David Barttrum

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I can't get the obit to come up.

Where is his car?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The first site you have I am not able to get onto it. It is a 404 error and the second article doesn't make mention he was a JW.

Perhaps you didn't copy the url correctly. Please verify. As Iwould like to read more of the this terrible ordeal.

Thanks for sharing

Orangefatcat

• Gopher
    Gopher

What a scary picture! You'd think they would put a picture in that had some dignity (like a high-school yearbook picture).

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You can't click on this, but just copy and paste it into the browser: http://www.legacy.com/heraldbulletin/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=110080639

(for some reason, there are some extraneous characters added to the link when you click on it....I have no idea how that happens)

I hope they don't have an a-hole elder there who reminds the grieving family that according to the 6/15/2002 QFR, suicides may not get a resurrection. Even worse, an elder can opt out of giving the funeral commercial if he feels it would bring "reproach" to the congregation.

Edit: Let's hope this link works...

• nsrn
    nsrn

Thanks for posting that link. I can never get copy/paste to work on here.

There is no mention of a service or funeral...

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    David W. Barttrum Jr.
    Jan. 25, 1986 - May 18, 2008

David Wayne Barttrum Jr., 22, Anderson, died May 18, 2008, in Anderson.

He was born Jan. 25, 1986, in Independence, Mo., and moved to Anderson in 2002.

He was a member of Jehovah’s Witness, (Luke 23:43) and awaits resurrection in paradise.

Survivors include father, David Barttrum of Anderson; mother, Tina Farrell of Independence, Mo.; sister, Angela (husband Cantis) Williams of Blue Springs, Mo.; on his father’s side, his grandparents, Elmer William and June Barttrum of Independence, Mo.; his uncle, William Wesley Barttrum and family of Blue Springs, Mo.

Cremation will take place.

Rozelle-Johnson Funeral Service handled the funeral arrangements.
    Published in The Herald Bulletin from 5/20/2008 - 5/22/2008.
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

Thanks for posting that link. I can never get copy/paste to work on here.

There is no mention of a service or funeral...

Well there was this...

Rozelle-Johnson Funeral Service handled the funeral arrangements.

They may not be posting the information to outsiders...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That picture is just horrible.

I see no dignity in a death notice like that.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit