All Things Mystical - Real or Not?

by Sirona 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

MS here I found it:

Here are a couple of studies which have been conducted and their results. I have summarised - I do have much more information relating to the exact procedure of each experiment.

A recent study conduced by Dean Radin et al at the University of Nevada, conducted a test on physiological responses to photographs. Photographs were categorised as "calm" or "emotional". The results showed that participants' electrodermal activity rose before a picture appeared on screen (in anticipation of the picture). What was significant was that despite pictures being shown totally randomly, participants' electrodermal activity rose more when the picture was going to be an "emotional" picture - before the picture even appeared on screen.

Measuring electrodermal activity, heart rate and finger blood volume for participants showed a significantly greater response in participants when the picture was going to be an emotional one. This indicated an ability of the participant to "know", at least physiologically, whether the picture which was about to appear was going to be one which is classed as "emotional". This is precognition (or a form of knowing the future). This experiment has since been replicated with similar results.

Another experiment tested whether information could be "sent" by one participant to another participant. These were conducted by Honorton et al starting in 1983. Due to critisisms of experimental method, this test has been refined over and over again to eliminate any problems in testing. Basically the "sender" would be in a sound proofed, steel walled, electromagnetically sheilded room. He would view a random (computer randomised) image. He would attempt to "send" this image to a person who was in a totally different room, often miles away from the sender's location. The receiver would then verbally give impressions they were "receiving" and later would view four images - and would pick one image which they thought the sender was trying to send.

There would obviously be a certain number of participants who would pick the right image just by chance. The scientists gave a statistical figure which represented what would be expected just by chance. The results of this experiment were that there was a significant effect beyond chance with odds of around 50000 to 1. Other similar experiments have been conducted so that this experiment is well replicated, adding all results together produces odds against chance of a million billion to one.

This appears to suggest that in scientific experiments human beings are able to transmit information to other human beings outside of our normal senses.

Sirona

• Gill
    Gill

Sirona - Should 'Precognition' ever be totally proven without doubt to be true, then many of the accepted laws of physics, for example 'time' would be thrown out on their heads and theory's such as the 'many universe' theory, etc would become more than just theorys.

Midget - We tend to use different packs of cards....but non of them are brand spanking new.

We cannot play the game unless everyone is relaxed and quiet and concentrating.

We tend to count: 'I can see a spade (or whatever suit we can see in our mind) as a near miss. We older ones tend to be right most of the time and my youngest tends to see only the number and colour but we don't count her in our 'stats'.

The really hard part is projecting the picture of the card BUT what is amazing is when the rest of us suddenly shout out '2 of hearts' (or whatever the card is) at the same time and we are so right! Wow! It's like electricity and a bit unnerving.

Four out of five is NOT a guess at how accurate we are..... we are bloody good when the concentration is spot on. Things have to be quiet, everyone relaxed and I don't know if we could perform, because when you 'perform' you are under stress and not 'concentrating'.

The concentrating and projection is really, really exhausting. It's like thinking in a completely different way. You have to 'make' the picture in your mind of the card and then 'place it' in the mind of others. It's almost like a physical task and there has to be no distraction.

I've read about people who can make people stop walking in the street just by mental projection of 'stop'.

I've tried to get my husband to get up and make a cup of tea for me by projecting a cup of tea picture.........not worked yet!

I don't think we're special. I think anyone could probably do this if they concentrated and used their mind hard enough, but as I said, very exhausting.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Gill,

The study I quoted shows that the participants' *body* changed in anticipation of an emotional picture. I am interested in finding replications of this experiment.

I don't think we're special. I think anyone could probably do this if they concentrated and used their mind hard enough, but as I said, very exhausting.

I agree with this - anyone can do these things. This brings us back to the quote I used at the start of this thread. Using certain "methods" anyone can produce interesting results, but if someone will not try it, then they won't get the results.

Sirona

• Gill
    Gill

Sirona - What's interestisng about the study quoted is the electrodermal reactions. There seems to be 'a reaching out' that takes place.

I would suggest also, that this is why the exercise is so exhausting. Also, it is a reaching out of our physical shell with a 'flabby muscle' that is never used and it 'aches' after doing the work.

I also find interesting, knowing the future. Several experiences have 'told me' what was going to happen to me and they have always been spot on. I think this may suggest that either we have all been 'along this path' before OR we can see or 'feel' the future also if we listen to what our inner or other voice is saying.

So, the new physics theorys make more and more sense as they uncover more about the physical laws. Things no longer seem 'occultish' but have real solid basis to them.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Interesting that these threads always die when I produce scientific evidence.

Sirona

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I just returned from the 9th dimension and found this thread.

• loosie
    loosie

I love threads like these. I agree with the original comment in this post. It is hard to describe an experience to someone who hasn't had one.

I didn't go thru a green light one night. I even talked to myself ( in my head) and said why am I not going thru it is green. 2 seconds later a car came thru on their red light and would have hit me. I did not see this car until it was in the intersection.

Some I have talked to attribute this to god intervening. I don't think tha tis it. because then god to be fair would have to do this for everyone and then there wouldn't be any car accidents.

I think there is something to this knowing or universal conscienous.

• Gill
    Gill

loosie - The Ka talks to the Ba or the Eidellon talks to the Daemon. One side of the brain talks to the other side, and is the guide to the physical self.

We all do it consciously or unconsciously, talk to 'the other person' in our heads.

If you take a look at the book I recommended to Sirona, you will see there are scientific and medical experiements that prove we have a 'secret lodger' in our minds....someone who 'knows' everything.

• loosie
    loosie

lol Gill have you been watching me? I always talk to myself in my head. Once I spoke out loud but my daughter was with me. She turns and looks at me and says what did you say mom. I responded oh nothing dear. I didn't realize I was speaking out loud.

I'll check that book out.

• Gill
    Gill

Loosie - The book is fascinating, though obviously remember a lot of it is theory physics, BUT, the neurophysiology is fact and well documented.

A few years ago, after a partiulary passionate night I remember a little voice in my head saying : 'Now you've done it! You're going to have twins!' And I said to my husband, 'I think we're going to have twins!' in a worried tone, which he took as meaning that he was a spectacular sexual athlete.

Nine weeks later we went for a scan at the local hospital and he was as white as a sheet when he saw the twins on the scan!

Don't tell me there's no 'know it all' little voice, because I've heard it......and every time I've heard it, it's been right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit