I need someone to talk to..

by littleblueuk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you are prone to depression, it seems to me that your pattern is to internalize and retreat when angry. Not many places to retreat on a boat!

On the other hand, cruises are a great way to break a cultist away from their old habits. The natural personality starts to emerge. By carefully staying away from religious topics and frequently reminding your sister and mom of their authentic interests and desires, you might end up with two very different people on the cruise!

At the very least, the three of you may conclude that you don't want to lose each other. That is, if you have anything at all in common.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hello littleblueuk,

First thing I'll say is this: as long as you know you're doing things because you believe they're right (or not doing them because you believe they're wrong), nobody can take away your integrity from you. You are your own beautiful person.

About the holiday - just a thought: maybe you could all agree not to talk about religion for the whole week? Either way, could you go and choose to show them that you are able to be happy and decent without JWism? If you don't think your sister will change her lifestyle anyway, maybe you should relax a little and stay above the inane JW arguing.

About depression etc. - I don't have any real experience with it, but here a few books which are in my Amazon basket which have been recommended by others here at JWD:

The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness (purchase includes audio CD narrated by Jon Kabat-Zinn)

There Is Nothing Wrong with You: Going Beyond Self-Hate

Take Back Your Life: Recovering from Cults and Abusive Relationships

Whatever you decide, know that you're a great person for having the intelligence and strength not to get baptised (unlike myself) and that you've many friends here who can understand you.

Keep posting, and all the best.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am headed to Mexico with my still a JW MIL, for 7 days!!! And her pshycho daughter. So I feel your pain. Only you can decide if you want to go. I'm sure that during the day at least, there will be plenty to do without them. You may even meet new friends.

I am in therapy. She doesn't really understand the JW thing, but she sure gets the family dynamics that I grew up with. I have been helped so much, in one short month. So don't give up your search for a good therapist. They may not all understand JW's, but they can help with your depression and family troubles.

momz

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I just had a flash of light.

If your mother wants to see you die at armegedon you have seen her true nature.

People see what they want to see and do what they want to.

Your mother appears very controlling and if she cant control you she'd be happy to see you die.

If what I say is not so.

Shed leave the tower. This is the information age.

Parents kill their children and children kill their parents all the time. I see it everyday. I work in a jail.

You got a leg up.

On the up side people can change. Basically were all just stupid consumers. Walking zombies.

Run a vigorus ad campain by her if you want her to see the light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit