How Many Here Still Attend Meetings Sometimes?

by shamus100 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I started cutting back on meetings as a teen, roughly 1976 (I got a driver's license and started working--I'd volunteer for the shifts that conflicted with meetings). Last memorial was 1979. Last time in a KH was May of 1980, for a funeral. Last DC was July 1980. So basically, other than conversations with relatives and reading the lit to keep up with their craziness, I've been out for 28 years.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Now I'm DA'd.

Never goin back.... ever...

YOU ARE?? Did you post your letter??

As for me.... I am very regular. Like Open Mind I use any excuse to miss though. Oddly enough I attend more meetings than my wife does!

I like being viewed as the "spiritually weak" brother, and then dropping bombs at the book study and pulling out the HUGE comments about stuff the conductor doesnt even have a clue about. I am sure this throws people off....

• still_in74
    still_in74

....and blowing many minds away at the Kingdom Hall when it comes to Christian freedom!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

a brother asked me how is it I have managed to shed any and all guilt. I think he was both intrigued and trying to make a point. I have no guilt and I make sure anyone that tries to guilt me knows that!

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I still regularly attend the mind control sessions. Once you have a family inside the Organization, it then becomes sort of like the Mafia. They make it very difficult for you to leave without burning everything down on your way out.

er

• Switch
    Switch

We're down to about 2 Sundays a month. Our JW friends are helping our fade by pretty much ignoring us already. (Thanks guys) Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

• calico
    calico

Skipped the memorial the past two years and haven't been to a meeting in almost 3 years. Sometimes I think about going and then I slap myself!

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

I still go to the meetings (aka 'Naptime') regularly for the wife. Usually just read the Bible during it. Not that I believe it or anything, but it's a hell of alot more interesting than the repetitous drivel being spewed from the platform. Plus I get to look for absurdidtes and contradictions. The wife does get curious as to why I don't follow along with the meeting though, since I used to study everything and comment up a storm, but she'll know soon enough.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It was strange for me the first year and a half to two years - I used to ride my bike a fair bit for exercise, and I'd see the dubs going to they're meetings and it seemed odd not to be going. Now I cannot even imagine going.

I went to a funeral about two years ago - I got to the outside of the Kingdom Hall, and just couldn't bring myself to go in. The bad memories ensued, and I just couldn't think of standing there while people sang those crappy kingdumb melodies.

• RR
    RR

I walked out over 15 years ago and haven't seen the inside of a KH since. (well, not exactly, I do have an KH on my route and have to deliver the mail, so I have seen the "inside", just not for service.)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In the past 10 years, I have attended funerals only

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit