How Many Here Still Attend Meetings Sometimes?

by shamus100 41 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

?

If so, how often.

Do you still attend the memorial?

I never go, ever, and haven't been to a memorial in about 6 years (been too long to accurately remember) - I'm too far gone.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Not me.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

No meetings in 4 years. Nada, zilch. Not DA'd nor DF'd.

Just faded off into the sunset. Only contact with jw's is my older son, shame.

NMG

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm so regular you could call me Prune Man.

We use any excuse to ditch a meeting, sickness, school activities, vacations, entertainment events, etc.

But we're still very regular.

om

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I haven't been to a memorial in 12 years! The last time I stepped foot in a KH was in 2o00 for a funeral. That was my last lesson: never goto a KH for ANYTHING - including weddings and funerals.

• yknot
    yknot

I will cave when my Mom brings up the CA and DC.....but only becuase I never fully attend anyways and love lounging by the pool with my kids & undisciplined JW mommy friends.....It basically becomes an apostate fest anyways.

I want to avoid the memorial at all cost now......hope I can 'stay firm' under her guilt trip.

As of June 2, the only way I will step into another KH meetings is if my Elders reneg on our agreement and I have to make their lives hell!

.............but I have lazy shadetree shepherds so it is highly unlikely I will see the inside of the place ever again.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Haven't been to a meeting since 1987 (I think). The last memorial I went to was in 1989 (with my then df'd exboyfriend). The last time I stepped inside a kingdom hall was in 2001 for my grandfather's sales meeting...err memorial.

Josie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The last meeting I went to was the "special" talk in April 2003.

W

• free2think
    free2think

Not anymore. I started fading at the beginning of last year, then just quit altogether in june.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Never again! The last time I was in a Kingdom Hall was in 1998.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit