Everyone with little ones READ THIS!!

by momzcrazy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I pull in to the house in reverse, slowly.

That way if I leave in a hurry I am going forwards.

My wife has an Expedition, it has backup sensors. My Volkswagen does not however.

BTS

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My husband's truck has a camera, my 2004 Tahoe does not. If kids are playing outside I make them sit on the grass which is on a rise by the driveway. My next car will have either sensors or a camera, for sure.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh how awful

I always back out slowly and check to make sure there is no one behind me in my apt. complex. So many kids, so many accidents waiting to happen. A boy here got hit by a car when he ran into the road. The car was going too fast. His leg was crushed but he healed. This year, he ran out again. No lesson learned. He's 14.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Regular cars are bad, too. The car that backed over me was an early 60's Cheverolet. I recall almost every detail of the accident, even exactly what the back of the car looked like, what I was wearing, the trip to the doctor. The funny thing is, I don't remember how the car got on top of me. I don't remember lying there screaming under the car or the fellow passing out at the wheel. I remember being terrified of crossing the street with my older siblings afterwards. And I wonder who was in charge of watching me that sunny day. For those of you who have followed the last year and think me unlucky, maybe I'm one of the luckiest people. I survived that terrible accident with minor scrapes and bruises.

I recall that I walked to school everyday with my brothers when I was in the third grade. Everyday, there was a turquoise 60's chevy in the line of cars waiting to drop off kids at school. It was driven by the kindly grandfather of my good friend Tammy. He would drop her off each morning and with him he'd have her five year old brother Allen.

One afternoon tragedy struck when the grandpa was pulling out of the driveway to run an errand. He backed over the boy. The tailpipe of the car dug a groove into the child's head and he died. Everyone was devastated. Tammy told me that what her brother looked forward to the most was starting school the next year. He always begged to go with her to school. He had just turned six before the accident.

• wings
    wings

I can't imagine the pain that family is feeling.....my heart breaks for them.

wings

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Good Lord FHN, are you scared of cars? I think I would be after all you've seen and been thru!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Im glad I got rid of my minivan and now have a small car that I can see CLEARLY both when I get in or my teenagers get it...what if anything is behind the car! You might not have babies yourself but the NEIGHBORS do and you just never know if a baby is running after your kitty which IS under your car!

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry...god thats sad :(

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Very disturbing.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

This very nearly happened to a friend of mine's little one! So sad!!!

Boo

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Good Lord FHN, are you scared of cars? I think I would be after all you've seen and been thru!

I used to be. I wasn't so keen on learning to drive. Our family was in a bad car accident when I was 6. So, I didn't chap at the bit to get my learners, only getting it at 16. My oldest brother died in a car accident when I was 17, just as I felt pressed to learn to drive. I got my license, but didn't drive very much until I was 23 or so. For a long time I was very scared of other drivers. Now I am only agitated if someone else is driving.

I realized after reading this thread that I was very lucky to survive my scrape in the driveway. It gives me a different perspective on the last year and all the sad things that have happened. At least Andy and Mickey are still alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit