are you guys coping wit the cost of living?

by The Lone Ranger 25 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I am really concerned with the cost of living. Fuel costs are high and getting higher. Food and Housing. even in the so-called rich countries its getting harder. And it doesn't look like it will ever get better only worst. its a bit concerning to say the least.

Any thoughts? I can really see it coming when Jesus said "brother against brother" the way its going people are going to kill each other over a bucket of Petrol/Gas.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have been out of the organization since 83.

Things seem pretty bad today.

But, If there is a God and the bible is true I dont see how the JW's could have been so wrong about 75.

I cant see a loving God playing with us like that.

I guess I am just going to keep on living until I die.

Is Jehovah protecting the Jehovahs witnesses?

Is there gas cheaper than mine? Are their groceries cheaper than mine?

If there is a God why does he have to be so mysterious and secretive? And bent on destroying his creation?

• Priest73
    Priest73

I keep having visions of Mad Max...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So far, the items that are going up the most are the ones I consume the least of. At least I will not be fighting for gas--I just pedal past the gas pumps.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I now carpool with my wife 3 days a week. We consolidate our trips also.

I am planting my own veggies this year. Once we get some fencing up, we will be starting our own chickens and keeping some goats.

BTS

• chickpea
    chickpea

beginning the readjustment for a tight economy..... starting with a food garden instead of flowers is a start.....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I remember in the 70s when they were rationing gas we all freaked then too. We will get through this kids just hang in there. I just got a job after running my own business with my husband or without him for 15 years and I figured out that I basically work all month for the priviledge of HAVING a car between the lease payments, the insurance payments, the tags, and the gas. But we have one. The housing market has killed us economically and we will be filing for bankruptcy in a month...and there is no way around that. But there are so many people filing these days and so many losing their homes...at least we wont lose our home.

Yeah its tough...but you cant just curl up in a ball like you did when you were a kid. You gotta step up and make it happen and survive the wave.

LD

• joebin
    joebin

They're just lining their pockets right now, don't worry, in a year they'll have oil back to 30 / 40 bucks barrel and we'll all be relieved.

visions of Mad Max...

sounds like fun, get a little action in.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Very badly.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Moved south ... cured the job problem we had up North

Stuck with property up North...

Quit paying non secured debt last month

Bankrupt next month or so........

figure I can pay my way out and pay of the farm after about 60 months of Chapter 13

This economy is very regional... Michigan is about to lock the gates to stop the population flow heading south. Housing problems are nationwide.

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit