THEY'RE HERE!

by momzcrazy 13 Replies latest social current

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Just went outside and the blasted cicadas are here! I am soooo glad I am going to Mexico on Saturday.

Anyone else have these monsters?

momz

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Momz

Have a great holiday in Mexico. I love it there too. I am so envious of you, Lucky girl you are.

Don't know what to say about those insects except they would drive me crazy too. We have black flies right now up here in the country. Ugh they swarm and "bite". Little tiny things but you have dozens biting you all over the place at one time. Thankfully they are gone in 2 weeks and then come the mosquitos.

Velvetann

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I like the way cicadas sing.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I thought you were gonna say you had some blasted JWs outside (but then again, they come more than once every 17 years)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No, ever since I told the last pioneers that I could get the mags if I wanted them, I just didn't want them, they haven't been back. That and smoking after lunch last week with them present!

• Honesty
  • momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Ewww! Maybe Andrew Zimmern should come here and try some for his show!

The sound they make is amazing. At the very end of my backyard is a tree lined creek. They seem to be back there more. There is a high frequency hum coming from the trees.

On a nice note, I had two beautiful does in my backyard this morning. Not more than 20 feet away. We had coffee together!

momz

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They haven't started here yet. When I first moved here I had no idea what was making that noise (I don't think we had them in California), it was like of a metallic sound that started as soon as the day would warm up. My mother came to visit and she had no idea what it was either. I didn't find out until a couple of years later, I think I asked someone what the hell that sound was. Then I saw a program on PBS that explained the whole thing. Ugly little buggers.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i sincerely empathize, recalling the unending cacophany and deafening volume of that shrill and piercing sound from my days as a kid in texas

but you definitely have a bright side to look upon! enjoy mexico!

and just so ya know there is truth in the saying>>> it could be worse....... the christmas island red crab migration!!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=yvabv7a6m7E

• wings
    wings

momz....creepy bugs! No none here, we have our own creepy bugs thank you very much.

I'll miss you while you are gone. Have some fun for me!

wings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit