Brother Just got Robbed by Three Guys with Knives

by LouBelle 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My brother is 14 years old. He has been held up by three guys brandishing knives. He had to hand over what little valuables he had on his person.

I'm shaking my head here in absolute disbelief!!! 9.9 people out of my 10 family has been a victim of crime. No matter how much I love this place, no matter how much we have to offer, one cannot turn a blind eye when it comes to crime.

Crime is OUT OF CONTROL and I and many thousands feel hopeless, helpless, because even if we are cautious, or try avoid it, or go out in ""orange alert"" the police and the government running this country are just not doing enough.

Crime pays in South Africa - I'm sick of it.

All I can say is thank goodness they just robbed him. My world would have come to a crashing end if anything had happend to him. I get chocked up and teary just thinking about it. People have been killed for less!

So I'm quite happy to marry a foreigner to get out of my country...please motivate why you are a suitable candidate and pm me Got to find a way to smile.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

How scary! I'm glad he is safe, albeit shaken up.

Sounds like it's time to get out of Dodge!

momz

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Loubelle your news is very Scarey. When did that happen? Today? I feel so bad that you have to have your beautiful country corrupted with so much crime.

Your brother must be in shock as well as you and your family. Thinking of you

Velvetann

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Maybe it's time your middle class takes back the country? Sounds to me like your country tradeded a crummy racial situation for a total lack of social order.

That leaves your society with two choices... band and be heard...or escape the best you can.

Glad your brother got out with his scalp.

Hill

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, lots of other people come here on a visitor's visa and just never leave...Your brother must be really shaken by that. It doesn't matter how brave you are or how tough, if three guys with knives threaten you there isn't a lot you can do.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

How scarey!!!! I'm glad they didn't hurt your little brother.

I'd be ready to get out of there too. Maybe you can find you a JWD hottie to hook up with & move!

• free2think
    free2think

That must have been so scary for your brother, i'm glad he is ok Loubelle.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's terrible! I'm glad he's physically OK. He might not be OK emotionally for a while. He'll really need his family now.

On the marrying just to get out of the country, California just made gay marriages legal so your chances are now doubled. (just a reason to laugh:).

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    California just made gay marriages legal so your chances are now doubled.

If I wasn't already married Loubelle.....

I think I already like you more than my husband!

• Casper
    Casper

So sorry your family has to deal with such. Thank Goodness your brother is alright...!!!

I worry about you over there LouBelle, it sounds awful

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit