After seeing and reading the evidence...

by Honesty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

would you become a JW?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thats a bit of a wierd question to be asking ex JWs

Sirona

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't forget there are a lot of current 'Bible' studies who read these boards as they make up their minds about the Watchtower Society.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I didn't have much of a choice, as I was raised one. But if approached as an adult, the answer would be no.

momz

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

I don't regret being involved in the organization. I met a multitude of interesting people. I also learned to reject the interpretive fallacies of "Christendom", but I've also learned to reject the watchtower's none-sense. I had good times with the brothers and the sisters, but I'm happier out of the organization.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

If I could have only read it sooner.

• changeling
    changeling

Growing up in a witness household I remember thinking: "Why me?" "How did I end up being born to witness parents?"

I've felt for many years now, that had I not been born "in" I would never, ever have becone a witness. In fact, left to my own devices, I don't think I would have been religious at all.

changeling :)

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Changeling

I second that!!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Velvetan,

I third that!

• deelly_mg
    deelly_mg

I believe that only if you are smart enough to look at the evidence and read before joining ANY KIND of group... of course you wouldn't. I was born and raised a jw so I didn't have a choice. From most of the people who join and many of us who were born and raised will ask, who in their right mind would? The key is precisely that... they're not in the right frame of mind at the moment of joining...

I've spoken to many people from other cults as well and most of them have given me the same answer. At the moment they got preached to they were at a fork in the road of their lives... something had just happened, a divorce, death in the family... something. Remember jw's target certain people as do other cults. They are encouraged to go through obituaries and write letters to those who are grieving...

Most people who join also fall into the false advertisement... who would join if you were told what the requirements are. You are told what you want to here... peace on earth etc etc blah di blah... You are love bombed when you are a study... I remember my congregation acting very differently when there was a potential recruit around... You had to show the good side of the "brother and sisterhood"... False advertisement my friends... jw's are experts at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit