After seeing and reading the evidence...

by Honesty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

If I wasn't raised a JW, and didn't know anything about it I would have to say no, I don't trust anyone who knocks on my door, calls me on the phone (telemarking) or approches me walking out of the store. I wouldn't even let them get a few words in, I usually say NO THANK YOU!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am just going to hazard a guess that fewer than one in ten JWs actually made a cognitive choice to join or not to join. Most are gravitated into this by birth into an existing JW family, or were part of an outside family group that converted but not by their own choice.

• Mutz
    Mutz

Given the knowledge I have acquired about the WTBS there is no way I would ever become a JW. It's a shame that I never found the answers to the questions I had almost as soon as I got baptised.

• Confession
    Confession

I'd say your guess is fairly accurate, James. I was born into the third generation of a now four generation JW family. It's hard to say what I'd do if approached with the religion--if I'd been brought up under different circumstances. But after "reading the evidence?" Well, no-brainer. Not a chance. I'm outtie!

• Casper
    Casper

If I could turn back the clock, NO, I would not have become a witness.

Cas

• by grace
    by grace

I'm afraid I did "make the choice." Now, I just wish I would have reconsidered the whole, they have written their own Bible thing AND that they have been promising that this will happen and that will happen on certain dates and then....it didn't. LOL If I could go back, I'd research what a cult is and does. I'd be more careful.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Knowing what I do about the world around me, and as a thinking adult NO NO NO.

Of course as a little kid with an alcoholic father, it seemed to offer real hope to cling to. In some ways it stopped me pressing the self destruct button.

I now realize that there has been a true benevolence looking after me. The JW bit was just another bit of my personal journey, which is now passed.

I remember the poem "The Branch will not Break." Forget who its by.

HB

• sspo
    sspo

Of course not but i know many that have the evidence and continue to be active witnesses

because to them, the brotherhood is more important than some "minor details".

They are truly happy, one of them is my pioneer daughter.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

After studying with a witness I can honestly say I love my freedom that God gave me, and would rather not exist than suffer without it.

I am capable of making my own decisions without any outside interference.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What do you mean by 'evidence'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit