When Disassociating

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Someone had started a thread about a comment their mother made - "i would rather my children be dead then disfellowshipped" and it reminded me of a comment my Father made when I disassociated myself:

"...don't disassociate yourself - simply don't go to meetings or go out witnessing...it will make it so much easier for you to come back.."

It disturbs me on two levels:

1 - He would rather I be a hypocrite and stand by something I don't believe in, as an inactive one

2 - It was beyond him that I had no intention of ever returning

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was actually told the same thing by an elder. He asked "Why didn't I just stop going to meetings?" I told him I tried that. I thought it was a letter or a JC meeting, those were my choices.

I was told I misunderstood. So, he said he will forget I sent the letter. I will no longer consider myself a JW, and not receive any "encouraging" calls. I said that is fine, DAing is just following the governing body's rules anyway.

momz

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Ah!

You just reminded me of what the elders had to say to me! I had several phone calls telling me they would forget I even sent the letter if I agreed to come and have a chat. I laughed! They waited 6 weeks in a vain hope I would change my mind. They even announced I was no longer a ministerial servant first (after 2 weeks), and then waited another 4 weeks to make the "no longer a Jehovah's Witness" call. They make it tricky to get out! *cough* cult *cough*

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I told this man that I was smoking, doing holidays, and had done some various other very fun "sins". He dismissed it and said they would deal with it if I ever came back to a meeting. So, basically, they will pounce if I set foot in the KH!

momz

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Str8: "...don't disassociate yourself - simply don't go to meetings or go out witnessing...it will make it so much easier for you to come back.."

Hi Str8, I was told the same thing by a friend of mine.. he used to be a CO, then got Dfd, and just got reinstated...

Of course, he didn't wake up while he was out so he went right back.... I on the other hand have woken up and also believe in standing for what I believe in... the DA is just a matter of time for me... I have no intention of going back!

A@G

• Honesty
    Honesty

What did I do wrong?

They never tried talking me out of DA'ng.

They haven't called or visited once since I DA'd.

I didn't make a big deal out of it when I told them the Governing Body are False Prophets so why shouldn't they see if I want to return?

• Alexia
    Alexia

I haven't disassociated myself, but haven't stepped foot in a KH in a long time. No one has called me since I left - not one person, not once. I guess if no one even care enough to see if I'm still alive, why should I make the effort to let them know where I stand?

• shell69
    shell69

Mum begged me. 'Please, don't disassociate yourself. Let them disfellowship you instead.'

As I've said before; I'd walked the plank and I was going to either jump or be pushed, and I'd be damned if those uneducated morons with my families blood on thier hand were gonna give me a shove.

So I walked away with any dignity I had left in tact.

Mum's never spoken to me since

Sad

Shell

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The reasons I can see for not disassociating are you have family in that you would like to maintain some contact with, or you want to waste the hounders' time worrying about you. Burning a bridge is not really a big worry, since that bridge leads back to trouble.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When all else fails...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit