Preparing for Armageddon

by Wordly Andre 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

When I was a kid I can remember really being scared that Armageddon was coming, you know the crap about it's almost here, and I would never live to see High School and all my classmates would be killed by Jemima, I used to have Nightmares when I was a kid over this. I know of some family and friends who have since left the ORG, some have told me stories of how their family would prepare for Armageddon, like keeping food and extra copies of Watchterror and Awacks, and have some kind of rehearsal for the end, some sounds like those old 1950's movietone shorts about preparing for the A bomb, Did you or your family do anything weird to prepare for Armageddon?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Eat, drink & be merry. That is preparation enough.

• yknot
    yknot

Does indoctrinating your kids to die for the cause count?

I took everything negative (against the troof) as a test from Satan when I was a kid. Willing to sacrifice all to prove my loyalty to the WTS troof.

And while it was not promoted by my parents....I do have a strong survivalist streak as a result of the indoctrination.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I grew up in the tower back in the 60's. The USA was very different back then. With all the aremegeddon talk and this thing called the Cuban Missle Crissis.

The government was testing civil defense all the time. Blowing sirens they used to call them air raid sirens in the movies. It drove me crazy. I had nightmares. I had daymares fits of anxiety and depression.

By the time I got into my 30's I was on to the fact that man controlls his fello man by instilling fear.

Just like W. and the republican party have done for the last 8 years chasing the boogie man.

It's not just the republicans, I know the dumbocrats would do the same thing also or something similar.

I read about 15 years ago that man knew the only way to govern a country was trough fear.

America needs a boogie man or an enimy so the people can be ruled.

And thats what I see.

We used to have Russia, China, communism.

Now we have the ambiguous boogie man terror.

Only an imbicle like George Bush could sell that with a straight face.

We have had terror since the Garden of Eden.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

what I mean is like I heard that some parents would wake their kids up in the middle of the night, saying the time has come and the would all go and gather in the living room and pray to Jemima, then the dad would say ok it was just a practice run for the real thing.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We were always lectured on how to respond to persecuters who took us away from our parents and tried to make us over from JW's.

We were prepared to see our parents tortured for Jehovah. And that they may die.

We kept literature in our piano, and a bible of course.

And here's the kicker. We were always told that if our parents had to choose between Jehovah and us, we would come in second. Just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about it.

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

oh yeah I forgot about all those people that were suppose to come torture us, kind of like the JW version of night of the living dead

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I always pictured WWII Nazi type torture. Or how they took the kids away and gave them to good German families. We even had our own little bibles to hide in our clothes.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

how about putting watchtowers across the door I never understood that

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I think it would be stupid to put Watchtowers across the door....you're just telling them you are witnesses! You're supposed to hide the literature in a cellar with a hidden door in the floor. That you cover with a rug.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit