Anyone else having this problem with Witness Friends and Relatives

by Evidently 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently
    Evidently

They are all over me with all of these "end of this System of Things" signs......earthquakes, cyclones, pestilences, cost of food to lead to food shortages, blah, blah, blah....Did they make an announcement at the KH that "this is it!!" They say that we've never had all of these things happening all at once like we've had the past few weeks.....

• cognac
    cognac

Acckkkk... They go strong, back off, strong again, back off, etc, etc, etc...

Who the heck cares, there all crazy...

• Layla33
    Layla33

Once and a while and I just talk about all the hurricanes, food shortages, pestilence, outbreaks before the 1900's and early 1900's all over the world. It is not new and it has been MUCH WORSE.

I think we should create a fact sheet, so people can refer to on occasion.

• zeroday
    zeroday

IN all my 28 years on the inside I never once heard the end was not near...same story different day...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't gotten this spiel from my dad yet.

Jackie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They say that we've never had all of these things happening all at once like we've had the past few weeks.....

That's a load. We've never had these exact problems happening all at once, but we have had
    plenty of bad weeks/months in the past. I am sure there were some rough weeks during
    World War 2 or during a depression.

I just reminded some JW's recently that cyclones and the like were not in the Bible.

Wait until a black man is president of the U.S. or the Secretary General of the UN resigns.
    Wait until the next terrorist act. What if another bridge collapses? There will always be
    new signs for the imminent destruction to suddenly arrive.

• Grammy
    Grammy

My husband has been inactive for years but now he is saying things like "this old world won't last much longer"

"all these natural disasters all over the world sure makes you stop and think"

I said yes, it seems worse because we now have cable network news 24/7 365 days a year, we just never heard about all of this before nothing has really changed and he clammed up.

I also told him about the disgusting comment I read on here about the poor soul in Mynmar or China can't remember which who was offered food, clothing, etc. and refused to take it and took books instead because "these are more important" even he had to say he didn't believe that one!

I know he still believes the WTBTS lies but has been letting me be......but I fear that will no longer be the case.

I am sick at the thought of him going back, I feel like crying!

• Evidently
    Evidently
    Who the heck cares, there all crazy...

Ummmm, yes.......that about sums it up.

I also remind them of the Great Depression.....people were jumping out of windows for goodness sake. Also, the Cyclone that hit Burma was surely a nasty one, but it struck a spot where they had no preparation for a storm like that. If a storm of that strength had hit the US (as one has) there would certainly be some loss of life, but nothing on the scale of what happened in Burma. For that matter the same goes for the earthquake in China. These events are only prevalent because of the loss of life in undeveloped (poor) areas of the world. Otherwise they would have been blips on the screen for world events.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Same shite different day!

nj

• Honesty
    Honesty

They quit speaking to me.

I told them they are following a bunch of False Prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit