Anyone else having this problem with Witness Friends and Relatives

by Evidently 38 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah's Witness group is a one pony rodeo, it's a one car funeral, it's a one song concert. They only have one thing to talk about . . . "the end". They have nothing else! When they quit talking about "the end", they're outta business.

Save time and end every Witness sentence with "and the end is near". We have a new book . . . "and the end is near", there are earthquakes and high gas prices . . . "and the end is near", ad infinitum.

Witnesses don't tell me the end is near because they don't like the sound of my laughter, and I do laugh at them. I can't help it.

• knock knock
    knock knock

"and the end is near." Not as funny as ending every sentence with "under the sheets."

Brothers, after the meeting there will be a special presentation under the sheets.
    Sisters, may I have a word with you in the back room under the sheets.
    The only good apostate is a dead apostate under the sheets.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When I here this I can't think of anything but all the hype the R&F are going thru. This sh#t just makes my in-law giggle with laughter because she thinks the end is near.

Some of the others express the sense of urgency. Now they'll all be busier than a three legged cat in a litter box attempting to preach the terd.

What a bunch of lifeless losers. They really do not know what they are missing.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

They pray for earthquakes and tornados, it brings up meeting attendance.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Not a peep out of my family. I think they're still in shock from losing one of their precious mid-week spiritual buffets.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Yeah I am getting this same thing coming from all directions. I just stoped answering the phone and in some cases the door at my house as well.

• Open mind
    Open mind

You could try this.

Act really surprised/shocked/interested and say:

"Whoa! Hold on there! Is this something the WT is putting in PRINT or is it just someone's personal speculation? Because if they've come up with a date or a year or even a decade or two, I'd love to see it."

That will usually shut up most of them.

If they have a personally held strong belief that it will come within "X" number of years, ask them if you can have their (insert coveted posession here) if it's not here by then.

That should shut up the remainder.

Of course you'll now have mini-Aposta-horns sprouting from your forehead.

OM

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I heard they had new light on the "This Generation" thing, they added Turtles! This Generation (of turtles) shall not die!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

My mom was going on about how every day she turns on the news and the death toll is rising in China, thousands more found dead. Isn't it so horrible?

I sense she is working herself up to "the end is so near" type discussion, so I reply, "yes, that's so tragic. Well, look on the bright side, it helps with the over population problem over there. (I know, I know, very callous, but it was to make a point, ala WTBTS)

She sounds quite offended at my callousness and says, 'I hardly think the thousands of dead are going to make a big difference to China's overpopulation problem!".

I reply, "Well, then look at it this way, if Armageddon is coming next year, that's just so many fewer thousand that Jehovah has to kill then."

Silence.

They go on and on about how horrible the world is, think they are so compassionate for doing so, but don't do a damn thing to donate, help, or make it one bit better, How come the thought of a few thousand dead from a natural disaster is so horrible you have to go on and on about it, but the thought of a billiion Chinese dead next year if Armageddon comes, doesn't seem to bother them at all?

Cog (who has very little patience for people who whine about problems and don't do one thing to make changes)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My JW ex-wife said something to this effect a week ago. She said all the things are happening just like it was prophesied. I laughed at that and said things are ALWAYS happening, and it doesn't mean a thing.

A bunch of crazy things happen at one time and all the JWs get excited. Things calm down for a few years, then go crazy again and everyone is in a lather about it.

Ad infinitum.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit