by Evidently 38 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Thanks for that, Moxie!

Here's the link:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/135380

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think this Newsweek article deserves its own thread btw.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Didn't we also have this problem in the 1970s? There was food shortages, price inflation, an energy crisis, earthquakes, wars, and all the disasters we are having now. And yet no Armageddon them.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Grammy you said > am sick at the thought of him going back, I feel like crying!

I am so sorry to say this but yes you should be concerned I have heard of two that married a "worldly " person & now have gone back because of the conditions the WT is contiually bringing to their attention.If any were in the WAR ( 2nd) like I was ! they would realize terrible things have been going on since the beginning of time... & will continue in my humble opinion. We hear of them more often because of T.V. Internet etc:
    & Now since so many Christians are also saying the end is near ,the JWS are reminding their followers that even the WORLDY folks are noticing the end is near & they knew LONG before the world

How come if one believes the bible they dont remember NO ONE KNOWS THE TIME OF THE END!!!!

I believe the end could come to any one of us today, by an accident, old age, illnes etc:Let us all remember this is the 1st day for the rest of our life, lets do good in it ...So Grammy just keep loving him dont let him get YOU down with his following a false prophet...so pray for the poor man.FEAR is HIS problem dont let it be yours

• seawolf
    seawolf

seawolf signing in this thread. I got hammered about all of this yesterday. I'll just leave it at that. :-/

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

My mom backed off for a few weeks after I unofficially outted myself as an apostate a couple of weeks back, but she is now back on in full force.

Here is South Africa, we are in the midst of a huge problem with crime and violence - you should try arguing that these arent the last days with a South African JW - there are news stories every day that are constant fuel for their fire!

Interesting about the newsweek article - I need to bookmark that!

• serendipity
    serendipity

My JW relatives love me so much, and are so worried that I'm inactive and not attending meetings, that they spent the better part of 4 hours telling me how bad the world is, how Satan controls the government and that's why we don't have tax credits for alternative energy, that the system won't last more than 2 or 3 years and that the tribulation can't last more than a few months. I know they are so desperate for the end that they find solace in any bad conditions because it gives them hope.

• chickpea
    chickpea

when we hear about a new "disaster", it is almost knee jerk at this point to think that they b0rg will use it to enchant the R & F once again with the burgeoning JW reality that the end is just around the corner......

amazing how they forget the lives and loves lost and the suffering that is testing humanity to respond from common ground..... instead it becomes the fodder upon which they feed their concept of their perceived superiority as the chosen ones

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Glory!!!!

Yes I do have that problem. I have one Dub friend that I still talk to on occasion. He told me the other night on the phone, that, "Its awfully hard seeing sister "such and such" at the hall, because of her terrible sin, he just can't get past it. But its nice to see DF'd people trying to come back, after all I don't want to see anyone die."

A couple weeks before that, he told me something else and was talking about "the end of this old system".

I immediately cahnged the subject both times to something that wasn't brain washing technique and fear tactics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit