Why would Hidden Window need such information?

by White Dove 26 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

HW said to respond to his post only if you are an Elder or MS. Since I'm neither, I felt the need for a separate post to this unusual question by a relatively new member of JWD.

Is his question out of bounds for a new poster? It seems like a digging for facts so he can turn someone in type of question.

This is not a hate post! I just found his question to be too nosy. Trust hasn't been built yet. He hasn't been here long enough to read a year of posts where people have come out and said they were this or that.

Personally, I don't think he deserves such information at this time. I don't trust people who ask revealing questions about others they don't know.

Am I wrong?

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

I think you are overreacting. I am not asking you for your Social Security number or a recent picture. I know the WT has been very successful in creating a pervasive sense of paranoia, and that may explain your reaction, but please, have a cup of tea and chill out.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I agree with you 100%, I don't think the trust is there yet. Who is HW??? I am new here too so my opinion is not that much value but its my 2 cents.

Velvetann

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

OOPS I see HW says he is a elder. Probably not anything bad intended but I think not a lot are going to participate and expose themselves on that thread. Sorry I misunderstood the meaning of his question at first.

Velvet

• White Dove
    White Dove

I would love to not feel so paranoid, as you put it, but the cold hard truth is that most of us on here have been screwed over by people we trusted with and all our lives. I've not quick to trust new people. Why would anyone need to know how many elders there are on an apostate site?

People are hiding here. I think it raises our suspiciouns for someone of only 111 posts to ask such prying questions of the group. Some might answer your question but most may not. It's too risky. You will never find out the true number.

It's just weird.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hidden Window, (loved that movie!)

Where is your introduction? I wanted to read it and can't find it. Did anyone give you a proper welcome?

If not, welcome to the board!

• White Dove
    White Dove

bttt

• yknot
    yknot

HW,

We have had some very calculated trolls....

Trust is something gained/earned over many postings.

After reading over your post history I am voting confindence. Glad to have you on board!

But since you are an Elder, perhaps you be willing to discuss some 'Elder stuff" before you fade.

Here are my 2 questions....outlines & school.

So how about the outlines, have they issued new ones or are yall just shortening the old ones.

Have you or any others in you congregation attended Elders School? Any Details?

Thanks......

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Thanks, WD. Just one thought: your initial response made me reflect a little on the terrible thing that has been done to us. We have to hide behind a screen, watch every step, be careful with what we tell family or friends. Many of us have been forced by the WT to adopt a hidden identity in order to have a stable relationship with our loved ones. It is deeply tragic. I look forward to the time in which we do not have to proceed this way, and I can approach the human being that identifies himself as White Dove and shake his hand or even give him a hug. Thanks again.

HW

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

yk, no new outlines. In referrence to the school, no, we have not attended yet. I may not attend, because I am planning to step down within the next 3 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit