California Court Affirms Right To Gay Marriage

by BenV 280 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    How dare you be anti-gay, and yet blatently use Trent Reznor's creative works.

In that case, please stop using all hetero works posthaste.

BTS

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm not sure that it follows that pro-gay is automatically anti-hetero.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

"So, what's in decay about society? We're richer, healthier, and longer living than ever in human history."

Well, Jstalin, it has managed to get that way without "gay marriage," ya know? Not much of what any of us has said will be measurable for another generation or two. But the signs are pretty clear. They seem to mirror other cultures and societies that have faded from the scene. Greece and Rome still exist; but their "heydays" were hundreds or thousands of years ago.

What can be said on this topic of "gay marriage" and being healthier and living longer? Has homosexuality contributed to the phenomena? http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2005/jun/05060606.html

YET ANOTHER STUDY CONFIRMS GAY LIFE EXPECTANCY 20 YEARS SHORTER

WASHINGTON, DC, June 6, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A new study which analyzed tens of thousands of gay obituaries and compared them with AIDS deaths data from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), has shown that the life expectancy for homosexuals is about twenty years shorter than that of the general public. The study, entitled “Gay obituaries closely track officially reported deaths from AIDS”, has been published in Psychological Reports (2005;96:693-697).

In an interview with lifesitenews.com, Dr. Paul Cameron, the President of the Family Research Institute and the scientist who headed the study, indicated that he was not at all surprised by the findings. Rather he said that it only served as further confirmation for what had long been known and other studies have already shown.

One such study was conducted in Vancouver British Columbia and published in 1997 in the International Journal of Epidemiology (Vol. 26, 657-61: http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/3/657). It almost exactly mirrors the findings of Cameron’s research.

The Vancouver study was conducted by a team of pro-gay researchers, who, upon finding that pro-family advocates were using the results of their research as confirmation for their beliefs about the risks of the homosexual lifestyle, issued a statement trying to curb this unintended after-effect. “The aim of our work,” said the research team, “was to assist health planners with the means of estimating the impact of HIV infection on groups, like gay and bisexual men, not necessarily captured by vital statistics data and not to hinder the rights of these groups worldwide. Overall, we do not condone the use of our research in a manner that restricts the political or human rights of gay and bisexual men or any other group.”

Despite their attempts to downplay the practical consequences of their research, it is difficult to ignore that the study concluded with the statement that “under even the most liberal assumptions, gay and bisexual men in this urban centre [Vancouver, BC] are now experiencing a life expectancy similar to that experienced by all men in Canada in the year 1871.” Corresponding almost exactly with Cameron’s study, the Vancouver study indicated that “life expectancy at age 20 years for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for all men.”

It would SEEM that the statistics, re: longer life-expectancy and better health, would be even more positive without the homosexual experience. I don't know. Maybe it's just more "lies, damn lies and statistics"? Today, people seem to be able to deny or dismiss what's right in front of their face with impunity - and it's apparently some sort of social "sin" to call them on it.

Peace,
    Carlos

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Oh please. What a bunch of hogwash. Of course people with AIDS died sooner. Why don't they publish a study on straight people's life expectancy previously that had AIDS. Wanna bet their life expectancy was shorter by 8 to 20 years?

Black males have shorter life spans than white males, and Asian males. Should black men not be allowed equal rights because they have a shorter life expectancy? How about white people? Because they don't live as long as Asian people, should we not allow them to marry because they don't live as long either?

Furthermore, if you really think that gay males die 20 years sooner, how can you then claim it's a choice? Who would choose to be gay knowing they would die 20 years sooner? They would 'choose' to be straight. Oh, wait that shoots your whole nature / nurture thing straight to hades doesn't it? DOH!

LOL.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Well, Jstalin, it has managed to get that way without "gay marriage," ya know? Not much of what any of us has said will be measurable for another generation or two. But the signs are pretty clear. They seem to mirror other cultures and societies that have faded from the scene. Greece and Rome still exist; but their "heydays" were hundreds or thousands of years ago.

What can be said on this topic of "gay marriage" and being healthier and living longer? Has homosexuality contributed to the phenomena? http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2005/jun/05060606.html

Ah yes, make sure that the gays don't get treated equally because they are disproportionately affected by life-threatening disease. Wow, great logic.

Have you ever considered, perhaps, why that is the case? Perhaps the psychological damage done to young gay individuals who are constantly told, by cult groups such as the JWs and parts of society at large, that their very existance is an abomination? That they are fags and sissies? Perhaps the constant discrimination and hatred lead to higher instances of drug use and risky behavior in attempts at covering up who they are? I'm not excusing the behavior, but one must be careful in distinguishing correlation and causation.

Black Americans also have a lower life expectancy than white Americans. Should we also deny them the right to marry? The industrial revolution managed to occur without women's suffrage too. Perhaps that shouldn't have been legalized either, according to your logic.

And I still have a hard time connecting your doomsday scenarios with gay marriage. How, exactly, does modern society mirror Greece or Rome? What "decay" are exactly you referring to?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lefties die sooner, too. They don't know why. Speculation is that we have more accidents.

I didn't choose to be a lefty, but here I am. Even common household items baffle me daily.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Lefties die sooner, too. They don't know why. Speculation is that we have more accidents.

I didn't choose to be a lefty, but here I am. Even common household items baffle me daily.

'Lefties' excel at sports, art, and science for some reason. For a few centuries, and even up until modern times people claimed 'lefties' were Satanic, evil, or bad by a number of religions. I dated a boy who wasn't allowed to write with his left hand during a certain class at Catholic school. Many religious leaders and religions used the bible as their reasoning against 'lefties' since the bible has 100 or more favorable mentions of right hands, vs. 25 or more unfavorable ones of left handedness. Why are lefties over-represented in MENSA? Why do lefties suffer from more allergies usually than 'righties'? Why are identical twins more often left handed than not? As Dr. Kenneth Zucker from the University of Toronto published in Psychology today, 'lesbians have a 91% greater chance of being left handed than straight women, and gay men are 34% more likely to be left handed than straight men'. For that matter why statistically speaking is usually the 3rd born son more likely to be gay than other sons? For centuries the first born male was the heir to the family business, farm, fortune and as such followed his father into the workplace. The 2nd son usually was sent into the military, and the 3rd son the monestary. Had they figured it out on their own? Interesting corollary.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In general:

Gay relationships cannot be "unnatural". They occur in nature. Homosexuality cannot be "unnatural". It occurs in nature. Same sex activity cannot be "unnatural". It occurs in nature.

If marriage is so worthy of "defence", then put your efforts toward banning divorce.

What is more harmful to society? Bigotry/religious persecution, or more marriages?

Gee, things really started going downhill when slavery was abolished. I point to 1967 as the real last long slide of society, when the Supreme Court OKed interracial marriage.

The arguments are always the same...should we go back to burning lefties because they are witches?
    http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/lefty_myths.html

• jgnat
    jgnat

Before ball point pens, lefties were forced to switch handedness for writing. It is indeed very difficult to write with a fountain pen where the point has been cut to the convenience of the majority.

My father was forced to switch, and he is fully ambidextrous to this day.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

How dare you be anti-gay, and yet blatently use Trent Reznor's creative works.

In that case, please stop using all hetero works posthaste.

Cute, BTS - but there are no raging hetero-phobes here, just those decrying the "unnatural" homosexuals while profiting from "our" works. Rather like, "Those lazy ______, can't stand 'em - but they sure make great sandwiches!"

Edward Scissorhands, anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit