Sometimes I think that I am such a bad mom!

by Princess Daisy Boo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I woke up this morning with such a bad headache and facial pain and I felt pretty crappy (I am pretty sure it is sinus related - I seem to get a sinus infection at least every 6 weeks or so).

All was going fine until my little boy climbed onto my bed to put his shoes on and emptied a pile of sand from yesterdays escapades in the sandpit) onto my clean sheets. Well that was the end of my holding my temper - from then on, everything that he or his sister did was wrong and I just shouted and shouted. He couldn't find his shoes - I shouted at that. He wouldn't wear the pair he begged and pleaded for at the shops - I shouted about that. He could find one of his socks - I shouted about that too!

By the time I had dropped them off at their respective schools I had calmed down somewhat, but then I just burst into tears - how could I be so nasty! If I were Ewan, I would not want me as a mom!

Now that the decongestant and painkillers have kicked in, I feel a little better - but still absolutely guilty! I really do sometimes think that being a mom is just too huge a responsibility to contemplate!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

It happens, but you are right to be concerned. You'll figure it out as it's obvious you don't want to be the hollering mom.

• dinah
    dinah

PDB,

Despite what people think, Moms are only human. Sounds like you just had a bad morning. You realize Mom's don't get "sick days" or anything like that. So, there you are with a pounding headache but you still have to get everyone ready and off to school. When you feel bad things are never going to run smoothly in the mornings.

The tears were probably frustration.

And what is the deal with little boys trying to keep up with socks??? I buy more socks for my son that the rest of the family combined!

Hope you feel better today.

• Switch
    Switch

Everyone has these days. Moms rarely get a day off and it never helps when you're feeling like crap. I've had the same kind of mornings with my kids and felt horrible about it. Later on, I made a point of apologizing, giving hugs, and just explaining that I wasn't feeling good. Kids quickly forget outbursts. It's a good opportunity to set an example in saying "sorry, I messed up".

Keep your chin up!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Cheer up Boo! It happens to all of us. Tell your son that you're sorry for shouting at him so much this morning and that not feeling well and you need him to be extra good for a day or two.

Moms are human too.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I don't think that makes you a bad mom, it makes you a mom with sinus and was feel crabby. Best bet, as it teaches a good lesson too. When kids come home, sit them down and say you're sorry for being a bit horrid in the morning, explain why. The kids will get a kick outta mom saying sorry and you'll feel better too.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

It happens to all of us. You had a bad morning. If my husband doesn't feel well, he just stays in bed. If I don't feel well, like now, I still have to get up at 6am and get kids off to school. We don't get breaks and sick days. I hope your house is empty of kids and you can lie down while they are gone.

Tell them you are sorry and get them an ice cream on the way home.

momz

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

You need to have a family book study, start attending all five spiritual feasts, and then sharing the troof with your doomed neighbors.

Now that my kidding is done, I think that you have some stressors that need to be addressed. The kids are just doing the shit that kids do. For some reason you are irritated and then the kids tip the scales and you dump on them. How is your sex life kiddo? I know that after we had our kids, my wife's libido went into the crapper and so I got frustrated as did she. We decided to force ourselves to have some alone time, if not for intoercourse, at least to be close, listen to our hearts, talk, and rejoin ourselves.

It worked, it led to us enjoying more intimate times and our stress was diminished quite a bit. She was not so bitchy about the stuff the kids messed up and I was not acting like an idiot shouting at them either!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hello guys!

Well my headache is back, but the kids are in bed and I am off to bed in the next hour or so. I did apologise to Ewan for taking out my frustration on him this morning and told him that I love him very much!

Thanks for all your messages guys. I love you all!

• shell69
    shell69

You are not a bad mum.

((hug)), you were having a bad start to the day, thats all.

I would challenge any other mother who states that she's never done the old 'schizt out' thing on occasions. And you made it right with your little lad when he came home didn't you?

Any hows, the sock thing... I've got four children and several years ago, decided the easiest way to solve the odd sock dilema was to buy ONLY plain socks in the same colours.

I know thats a bit boring, but it worked a treat and they never went to school in odd scoks again!

((((()))) it'll be reet

Shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit