• Caedes
    Caedes

Welcome to the site,

Have fun, excellent first post.

Caedes

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the site from a fellow 'next and final logical step' taker. I agree it's comforting to see that JWism isn't the only wonky belief system pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

• trevor
    trevor

sam_sane_now

Welcome to the board.

There is tendancy to want to be right. To want to know with absolute certainty the answers to everything in life. So we make enquiries and try to gather enough information to be certain.

In matters relating to unseen things outside of our normal five senses the task becomes more difficult. The minute we are certain we try to wrap up the case and close the book. There is initially a since of relief but then the mind plays its trick and asks - what if?

Believing in ‘a God’ creates an obligation. Not believing, as Terry says, creates a hole. Sometimes the middle position is the best road.

Christians are not absolutely certain and still ask questions just the same as the atheist. Somewhere, somehow we are not that far apart but separate ourselves by the use of many words and word driven thought.

The older I get and the more I find out the less I know until not being certain becomes a comfortable position. It allows me to just accept what actually is and ride life rather than trying to nail it down.

Trevor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit