Atheism - The next and final logical step

by sam_sane_now 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Galileo
    Galileo

Welcome SSN! You are a thinker after my own heart. There are many atheists here. I hate to combine your welcome thread with a loaded philosophical discussion, but since it's already been done, I'll quote the great Richard Dawkins. When asked how to combat the perception that atheists just think they're smarter than religious people, he said: "Well of course we're smarter!"

Don't pull your punches. The world needs reason.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    So, all the creationists jumped on the newbie eh?

I jumped on no one, there was an accusation inherent in the thread title and I proceeded to explain myself. I also welcomed the newbie.

Oh, and I am not a creationist.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

Welcome. Just a heads up. Burn the Ships posts way too much when compared to what he has to say but he likes to see his Avatar/Alias. He is very confident in what he says even though it is all pretty much dung. He is used to being dissed here and seems to thrive on it. Oh, I almost forgot, you can say anything about anybody as long as you use an emoticon.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Its the asshole gregor again?

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

BTS - I stand corrected. Explain "the Dawkins" please.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I do believe there is a site on the Dawkins and it explains itself at an odious length. Try googling for it.

BTS

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Why do YOU keep repeating "the" Dawkins?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Welcome to the forum Sam,

And yes I think all mankind should move in that direction and start using progressive humanism.

all the Gods in the world of being killing us for years, the sad thing is they never really existed.

Perhaps mankind might be better off to start exploring self direction, instead of using human ignorance, it just might work.

• sam_sane_now
    sam_sane_now

Hi everyone, thanks for the nice welcomes. I'm suggesting atheism because, when I was a JW, the reason I left wasn't just because I wanted to fornicate and smoke, its because I didn't believe. After not believing anything for a while, I realised I wanted to know what was actually true, it didn't matter if it turned out that mormonism was true or buddism or atheism, but after reading up a lot, and actually just thinking more, it really did become glaringly obvious what was true. It's this that frustrates me somewhat. I was assuming that most people on this forum have left JW's because they don't believe in it, but it seems like quite a few have fallen foul of the same methods that JW's use by joining other religions that are just as false. Its like finally breaking free from one monumental lie, only to be taken in by another. I do feel that religion is responsible for horrible wars, and it greatly hinders science in such vitally important areas like stem cell research.....and for what? For claptrap. That's why it does frustrate me so much.

Welcome to the real world Sam. Many people never make it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit