Einstein on God....Rare Letter At Auction

by hillary_step 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
    Vinny

One FINAL POST on this one to clean up more of the same boring, laughable nonsense.

Poor Hilary, must like getting spanked. Cause he keeps asking for more. Ask and you shall receive...

How can you possibly quote part of what HS says and ignore the rest of his statement, and expect that any of us who can read, to take what you say with any seriousness...........is this is a trait left over from your jw experience."

Einstsin did not believe in any God at all?

Or, Einstein did not believe in any God, at least not in the "conventional" sense?

Big difference Hilary.

Folks, you just gotta love Hilary and his nonsense like this.

Poor Hilary.

So we can see right away vinny did not misquote Hilary. Them's the simple facts here. Sorry fifi but you should know this if you bothered reading it. Not a bad idea to try some time.

Well, by now anybody WITH EYES can see what Hilary meant by "it is just as well that we all know (((THAT EINSTEIN DID NOT BELIEVE IN ANY GOD)))"...

WHICH IS A LIE.

This was Hilary's "Slick Willy" move. And I busted him on it many times now. He tried to make it appear that Einstein did not believe in any God at all.

After a comma, (comma means pause) he then added the, "at least not in the conventional sense".

Hilary could have said, "but it is just as well that we all know that Einstein did not believe in the God of the bible or in the God of any specific organized religion".

But we see he did not say that. He instead said, but it is just as well that we all know that Einstein ((((did not believe in any God))))---then a pause--, "(((at least))) not in the conventional sense"

Which is dishonest and misleading the reader.

Because as "we all know" by now, Albert Einstein was NOT AN ATHEIST.

Like I saay many times....

Folks, you just gotta love Hilary.

Have a good one Hilary. No more Slick willie moves Hilary. Or you will be SPANKED again.

Over and out.

Vinny

• fifi40
    fifi40

So you are just very very stupid then

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

When one looks at Einstein's comments throughout his lifetime it's evident that he was searching for answers,had a cognitive dissonance of his own and consequently his comments seem to vacillate insteading of producing a hard-and-fast decision regarding God.He often seemed to speak about such matters in rather ambiguous or cryptic terms and this was likely because he was undecided regarding certain matters himself.I did, however, find this quote by him to be interesting...

His response written in a letter was dated as September 28, 1949

In the Summer of 1945, just before the bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Einstein wrote a short letter stating his position as an atheist (Figure 1). Ensign Guy H. Raner had written Einstein from mid-Pacific requesting a clarification on the beliefs of the world famous scientist (Figure 2). Four years later Raner again wrote Einstein for further clarification and asked "Some people might interpret (your letter) to mean that to a Jesuit priest, anyone not a Roman Catholic is an atheist, and that you are in fact an orthodox Jew, or a Deist, or something else. Did you mean to leave room for such an interpretation, or are you from the viewpoint of the dictionary an atheist; i.e., 'one who disbelieves in the existence of a God, or a Supreme Being'?"

Combining key elements from the first and second response from Einstein there is little doubt as to his position: "From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.... I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our being."

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Apparently, this Einstein letter in question was written in 1954 -- about a year before his death in 1955. Unless there are other letters or proof that he changed his mind...I'd say it's his final opinion on the matter. Kinda like a Final Will & Testament.

If you had asked me my opinion on religious stuff -- even 4 years ago when I joined this forum -- you would see a massive difference. Einstein had the same choices I did -- just a lot better brain.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/137016

• toreador
    toreador

*Marking the spot.*

• golf2
    golf2

My question to you is , where is is Einstein today?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit